• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel NVME SSD Not being seen AT ALL.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newbiew

Registered
Hi,

I have P68 chipset, I run it at pcie 2.0. Before anyone here says about pcie 2.0 abracadabra Listen to This:

I own newly released Intel 600P SSD. I run it with pcie adapter, Lycom 120DT(you can find one on amazon)

Problem is:

Besides SSD not being shown in The Bios, It is also not being identified by the OS(Win7). With the following message: Pci device drivers could not be found.

Please createmail a signature that has your system specs...

Did you update the bios to the latest on whatever motherboard you have?
Can your old board even support pcie booting in the first place?

Just because you quote someone that used a pcie adapter card and it worked on their system doesn't mean it will work on your system. ;)

1) I can boot with 750 series ssd.

2)I highlighted it in white

3)I did not quote anyone.

Last edited:
1. Good to know!
2. Every piece of text here is white...the only thing that sticks out is what you italicized and underlined which states its not being shown in the BIOS or being identified in windows.
3. Oh, seems like you quoted someone with your "listen to this" part..like you were trying to prove that the adapter works or something...

First post is confusing as to what you have and don't and tried/didn't... yikes!

I'd still try updating your BIOS to the latest version...
Did you try a different PCIe slot on the motherboard?
Do you happen to have a more modern system around that you can test the drive in?
When you say you can boot with the 750 SSD, how do you have that tied into your system? With its own included add on card?

Im thinking its the AIC causing fits. Try that in another system...

Last edited:
i trying to say that there is no need for walking around the point and what not.

Intel 750 is bootable. Both are nvme. Bios versions are not drivers. Now, the adapter on the other hand might not be up to a par in order to support the newest intel`s invention.

the more people commenting on it the better.

See my edits please.... answer all questions. :)

Blowing off suggestions with irrelevant statements are not going to get you more replies. For the record, there are many boards with BIOS updated which have notes that state support NVMe drives, etc. Now, nobody is updating your ancient board, so I doubt that is it... but a BIOS on a MODERN board can help with NVMe drives which is why I asked that...

At this point, I would just try it in another PC and see if it works. If that other PC has an M.2 slot, even better as you can test the drive and the AIC.

... anyway, getting some coffee. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I can see why the BIOS thing is not relevant... not because it 'isn't a driver' but because of you old setup and BIOS updates are not happening on that board. So, you were right, but for different reasons... .now about my coffee... LOL!

Last edited:
NVME bios, same thing. Does not matter the date.

Yes, i can boot with 750 ssd as it ships. No, i dont have a spare system.

AIC? Add in card? If so then, it is a no. Multiplayer p67/8 boards have had nvme based ssds installed in them and everything was fine. It is rather its hardware encoding that needs updating.

If you know a slot works and it boots from it, I would think its either the AIC that is bad, or the drive you purchased or it just won't work on that very old board. Without being able to test the card and drive, I am not sure what else to tell you... perhaps reach out to Intel and whoever made your motherboard and see if that drive is compatible.

Good luck!

PS - Please create a signature with your hardware list so we know exactly what you are working with... :)

I know for Win7 you'll need the NVMe drivers to recognize and install. Either slipstreamed in the OS or on a seperate device to add into the installation.

How to run installation in UEFI mode?

The board handles 750sssd, the big brother. It is one of the top end boards... but I am not here discuss it.

Thanks for input. I am pretty sure it is AIC not communicating with the drive. but will see.

Last edited:
If i had to Hazzard a guess he did what i did. Just install the drivers, my 750 doesn't show in bios at all but windows had it in the device manager.

Back