• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Making a custom fan on a GPU heatsink!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uhh, They dont have the SilverStone FM93 so ill buy 2 80mm fans.. Today was horrible for me :( :rain:
No fans at the shop, No buying clothes and have to wait for 2 weeks, Couldnt find Converse chucks taylors for reasonable price (They were 61$ at the shop i was looking at, And i dont want to pay 61$ for bad shoes and also while a shop in a different city sells them for 45$.)
Ill buy the 80mm PWM fans soo and install them.

Hello everyone! Sorry for not coming back for a long time,*whisper* I was lazy.
I finally made it and will post pics tomorrow, The fans i bought have a thingy where you can connect another fan to it so it was very handy and didnt had to mod the fans so they can be together, But the connector wasnt the right size so i need to replace it with the header on the stock fans, For now i will connect it to the mobo tomorrow and see how it performs :)

WHoooohooooooo!
Success!

Temps are 69-70c while fan speed is 70% and is about 7-10db quieter!
The results of the stock fans were 65c @65% fan speed.
Overall im happy cause i know these fans will serve me for a long time and are also replaceable and i can add another fan if needed.

Great job! It looks like you selected the perfect sized fans for your GPU. That should work well for a long time. You just have to clean it more often because you are pushing through more air with more dust. Its just the way of it. Even if your house is a surgical clean room. ;)

Great job! It looks like you selected the perfect sized fans for your GPU. That should work well for a long time. You just have to clean it more often because you are pushing through more air with more dust. Its just the way of it. Even if your house is a surgical clean room. ;)

Hahaha, Surgical clean... We clean the house every 2 days and its not enough (My dog has skin problems :/)

Very nice, i make take up that idea for my 980Ti (hearing grinding noises again at certain speeds) :D You seem to have just bare enough space for a 3rd fan though, wouldn't that kick the temps down a bit more ?

Last edited:
Very nice, i make take up that idea for my 980Ti (hearing grinding noises again at certain speeds) :D You seem to have just bare enough space for a 3rd fan though, wouldn't that kick the temps down a bit more ?

Yeah it would! But the fans i bought are expensive as hell (Almost 10$ per fan) so the results i have now are perfect for me. :)

Now that's a mod I could have used in the past and may use in the future. Thank you for sharing.

No, Thank you for appreciating!
I had hard time putting the zipties to the places i put them cause they were really short, So when doing the mod buy long zipties (10cm should be enough).
Also if i can do it ANYONE can do it :)

Last edited:
Hey as long as it works! I modded a cpu heatsink like that to a video card! :rofl:

The funny thing is that the cooler slides on the CPU like butter on a hot pan so i had a hard time tieing the heatsink to the mobo with the zipties.

Everything is relative. I pay almost twice as much for somethings as my neighbors in the states and it's only a two hour drive

Back