• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Bluetooth good for gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

I need a wireless headphone or earbuds because when I'm at home I'm constantly moving in my room. I have earbuds for outside

I could buy an wireless gaming headset which although expensive would be great! But the problem is I'm not going to have a computer for 7 months!

So I have two options:
Buy Razer adora or anything else now and once I build a pc buy a usb Bluetooth dongle
Or wait and deal with wires until I get my computer and buy something like g933

Is Bluetooth ok for gaming? Should I just wait and get one with a usb dongle? Or would Bluetooth work?!

bluetooth is fine, it depends on how serious you want to be, etc. Most people that are into audio will tell you that the best sound will come from a wired connection into a dedicated amp/dac, but for most people the difference isn't very discernible and doesn't really matter.

I've reviewed multiple wireless gaming headsets (one bluetooth - Turtle Beach Elite 800, and two not - Steelseries Wireless H and Logitech G930), I couldn't perceive any latency on them. I've just preferred the lightness and better sound out of my good wired headphones (Philips X2) than to go with a wireless alternative.

bluetooth is fine, it depends on how serious you want to be, etc. Most people that are into audio will tell you that the best sound will come from a wired connection into a dedicated amp/dac, but for most people the difference isn't very discernible and doesn't really matter.

I've reviewed multiple wireless gaming headsets, I couldn't perceive any latency

But razer adaro is a Bluetooth headset. It doesn't say gaming either :?

If it is made by razer it is marketed at gamers. That said, I'm just going by what I have experienced, I doubt there is any significant latency that would be extremely noticeable. But maybe I just didn't notice it during my review testing.

If you want the best quality, you'll want aptX. Sadly, there is no standard for true HD audio over Bluetooth yet. Nvidia's media remote does HD audio over Bluetooth but it only works with Shield devices.

If you want the best quality, you'll want aptX. Sadly, there is no standard for true HD audio over Bluetooth yet. Nvidia's media remote does HD audio over Bluetooth but it only works with Shield devices.

I ended up buying Motorola verveloop+ for my wireless needs. If I Wanted wireless headsets I will either save for an rs 175 or 160 or steel series H! Just to be safe!(I will have my Motorola earbuds anyway. They'll arrive in 3 days)

Last edited:
Back