• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fast mac formatted drive cloning options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chop_wood

What are the fastest options for cloning / imaging /time machine for mac formatted drives. Currently I have various USB to sata adapters and an imac i would prefer not to have opened up all the time. In addition plenty of windows boxes (typically use acronis or easus for windows). Hooking up a usb/3 adapter to a macbook or imac is too inefficient for my needs, esp if i have to go USB to USB. I need to make images on a weekly basis.

Is a linux box / ubuntu or something the way to go? What software would I use thats straight forward.
Is there a better x86 way to do it, Ive had some luck with sectorbysector images but that also takes too long on large drives and it doesnt go over very well.
I have a couple USB hdd duplicators , but they are not compatible wit hthose file systems. Is there perhaps a mac specific one thats not a billion doll hairs?

Thx for the suggestions :))

Last edited:
Back