• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slow boot times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Should be in your manual, yep! :)

As far as questions...

Did you install in AHCI mode? If not: http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-har...tallation.html

Does it do this at stock speed as well?

As far as the unpluging hardware/USB thing, clearly you will still have the problem when you plug it back in. The point is to find out WHAT is at fault. If it changes with out USB devices plugged in, we know it either a driver issue there (did you install your USB drivers?) or hardware not playing nice. I have had this happen on some systems with USB sticks plugged in... may not be your issue, but had it happen before.

You bunked this... but should check it regardless. You did move the HDD so possibly a bump may have messed the drive up...
If it is used hard drive I would certainly check the smart drive data with Crystaldiskinfo.

I would also run: the sfc /scannow from a command prompt with admin privileges and then run chkdsk /f /r (also with admin privileges) from command prompt. The latter command can take several hours to complete and seems to get stuck on 10-11% forever but its not stuck.

Another thing you can try is running a benchmark against the drive like HDTune, HDTach, to see if its performing as it should. Also try the seagate tools diagnostic.

ok I switched sata cables, again switched sata ports. I made sure windows 10 and bios was set to boot fast it dont change still slow boot times. I ran that HDTUNE man my hard drive is perfectly fine.

I booted my pc up with NOTHING ATTACHED AT ALL not even mouse and keyboard.. SLOW MO!!!!

This is what im noticing though on this mobo, there is a digital square thingy on it, it runs numbers once I push the power button, it looks like it goes up to 99? then the numbers disappear and then it finally boots the asus bios menu screen that time right there is probably 1-2 mins. Then another 1-2 mins for windows, so im looking at a 4-5 min boot time.

What is that digital thing on my mobo I cant find anything about it? is there maybe a button on my mobo i can push to turn that digital thing off and it will boot faster?

The "digital thing" sounds like a debug LED display. You should be able to google your motherboard and LED debug codes and it will list them.

On my motherboard, the LED display reports CPU temperature after the boot cycle is complete.

Back