• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop for front end and design needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

olga.m

Registered
Good day for all forum members!
So nice to be here after a big gap. Now i am return to programming and need laptop strong enough for javascript programming and photoshop. Hard choise, spend a few days, searching. Please, give me professional advice.

I focused on these models:
Asus G56GR -
Intel core i7 4700 or 6300HQ 8GB, MSI with the same details
And Dell inspiron 5559-9365 with intel core i5 6200U and AMD video card.

Maybe you advice me better models. Thank you! I need to buy this week.

ATMINSIDE, thank you very much for answer! To be honest, today i mostly use Photoshop for photo editing, not for design from stratch. Now i am mostly involved in projects with React, Redux, Webpack (devserver), Node. From time to time i am doing video editing. But most of time i am working as javascript programmer. Can you advice me a model of laptop?

Really need to know a budget to give a particular model suggestion.

My budget is about 700-800$. I googled again and went with that:
HP 250 G5
Ноутбук HP 250 G5 15.6" FHD/ Core i5-6200U/ 8GB/ 256GB SSD/ AMD R5 2GB/ DVDRW/ WiFi/ BT/ DOS/ Silver (W4Q08EA#ACB)

In my country it costs 750$.
I don't know if it enough for my tasks.

Also i've found post about Aser Aspire E E5-574G-75N8 on this forum, but in my country it costs about 800$, not 600$ :)

I would try to get something with a quad core i7 and a dedicated nVidia GPU, if it's available in your price range.
Currency conversions on technology don't translate well.

What dou you think about https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GL62-6QD.html#hero-overview

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered HP 250 G5 just because of price and good name of this company. But still not shure if it enough for my needs. I have 3 days to decide :)

- - - Updated - - -

HP 250 G5 has i5-6500U and SSD 256GB and AMD Radeon 2GB video card.

ATMINSIDE, thank you very much! I don't know much about MSI, but will think about it within the rest days.

Back