• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus X99 Strix | Samsung 950 Pro Slow boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toutsi

I have the Asus X99 Strix with the Samsung 950 Proand it takes around 20 seconds to show bios and boot windows
I have install the Samsung nvme Driver but i dont believe its because of the drive
I think I have to make sme settings over bios
Anybody here having any ideas ?
Thanks!

I don't have that board but most have options for a fast boot time. Could even be a jumper on the motherboard. I would check the manual
Just had a look on=line and it's in the Boot menu in BIOS first option

I know where it is I willfollowe the following steps
First I have to*
-Enable Fast Boot
Then
-Disable*boot by pxe/dvd
Then
I have to install windows 10 Over UEFI (so I have to deactivate the CMS Compatibility )
I would also like to enable X.M.P. profile for my rams (4x4gb Corsair LPX CMK16GX4M4A2666C16 | CPU:6850K)
but I am never did that before so I need to read some staff first

20 seconds to boot? Doesn't sound like a problem to me...

As far as the ram you asked about, its in the AITweaker section, one of the first options.

20 seconds to boot? Doesn't sound like a problem to me...

As far as the ram you asked about, its in the AITweaker section, one of the first options.

I never did that u just need to enable X.M.P. and it's done ?

I have a laptop that booted in 10 seconds until I added a BlueRay drive. Now it takes 30 even though I set the SSD as 1st device. I think your boot time from BIOS splash screen to OS is very good. I don't know about the XMP stuff.

20 seconds does seem a bit lengthy for NVME. I can get less than 10 on SATA, though, I only have my SSD hooked into the computer. No optical drive or anything.

Optical drives have their own 'ROM' when it starts up in the POST so that will inevitably delay things. RAID does as well.

My X99 system (with a Samsung 950 pro) is about 20 seconds from power on to Windows 10 login screen for a boot...but it spends more than half of that during the BIOS post screen.

I turned off all of the "fast boot" options on this system as they caused chaos with them turned on.

My LGA 1150 system with a Samsung 850 SSD does it in under 10 seconds.

Back