• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My gpu fan not working! Help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zergoxxq

Hey! I have a gtx 660 gpu and the fan isn't spining. It does spin 1 round when I start up my pc so it isnt broken I guess. The real problem is that when I start up some game my gpu start heating up but the fan doesn't spin at all even tho my msi afterburner says it is spinning with 70% speed as I set it to 70% speed. After I have played my game for some time the gpu overheats and then the fan starts spin with boosted mode, but my screen turns black and I can't do anything expect restart my pc. Thanks I hope u can help me.

While perhaps not the best solution, I would remove the fan and replace it with a new fan that connects directly to the power supply. Zip tie the new fan onto the heatsync on your card.

Hey! That was 1 thing i was thinking about, but I'm not sure how it works. Should I assembly a watercooler into my gpu or an air cooler. If I get a watercooler is watercoolers connected with a fan cable to motherboard or what do u mean connect directly to power supply. And last do u have any suggestions for me? thanks

I would not invest into a water cooler for the GPU. Too much money for too little payoff. At least that's my personal opinion.

I would just remove the plastic bits and leave the cooler itself attached to the card. Then buy or find some 120mm or 92 mm fans and use twist ties or zip ties to hold them in place. Don't over think it. Simple is best.

If you going to invest in anything more than some fans I would be considering an upgrade.

If you going to invest in anything more than some fans I would be considering an upgrade.

This is a perfect notion on this issue. The 660 is an old card and to invest in it is to waste money that could be used on an updated card. In the interim, just buy a simple case fan or two with simple 4-pin molex connector.

Back