• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator orientation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DominickD

I am building my first water cooling loop. The problem I have is that the radiator I purchased (without realizing) does not have a drain port. Is it okay to place the radiator upside down so that the in/out ports are at the bottom? I am building in a Thermaltake Core P5 case.

Thanks,
Dominick

Welcome to OCF DominickD !:welcome:

What make/model radiator? Please also list your system specs so we'll be better able to understand what you've got to work with.

In general, radiator orientation is not as relevant as getting to your mount points and ports easily for building as well as maintenance. Certainly you'll want to have the rad's fans pushing hot air out of the case; use that as a baseline.

That's typically how you want it anyway... no (less chance of stuck air bubbles there versus up top)? I have had plenty of rads oriented with the i/o on the bottom.

yup, works just fine.

and if you hang it on the wall, rotate it 90 degrees so the cables from the I/o run straight down the wall.
I have seen a few pics of this on the net and it looks a whole lot nicer, even the gpu looks nice when installed in the slot and not in the bracket.

Attachments

• PIC_1050.JPG
    PIC_1050.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Back