• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 10 HDMI Audio question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Before you rack your brain about this, the sound quality difference between bitstream and PCM is going to be sooooooooooo minor that you'd really need a $10000+ setup to hear it.

Before you rack your brain about this, the sound quality difference between bitstream and PCM is going to be sooooooooooo minor that you'd really need a $10000+ setup to hear it.

My home theater setup is unfortunately close to that number if you add up all the speakers, receivers, amps, subs, etc.
Either way, I figured it out back in September. There was some settings that were wrong on the htpc. I get full DDS, Atmos, Neural, etc from the HTPC to the receiver now. Basically all the current formats work perfectly and it sounds amazing now (to the point where the surround sound actually makes me jump in my seat!)

Back