• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Open Office...Still Good, Even with Win10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper69

I have a Win10 laptop. I was wondering if Open Office is still a great free alternative to MS Office or are there are others that are better?

2. Is it compatible with the Win10 OS? Not sure if there are a lot of issues w/Open Office and Win10. I haven't used Open Office in a decade.

I used to swear by OO but LibreOffice gets more attention and therefore more updates. As long as your docs are saved in docx format MS Word should be fine with it. Not sure about excel and whatnot.

Last edited:
I used to swear by OO but LibreOffice gets more attention and therefore more updates. As long as your docs are saved in docx format MS Word should be fine with it. Not sure about excel and whatnot.

How's the stability of Libre vs OpenOffice? I know Libre is a fork of OpenOffice and gets more updates. However, sometimes with more updates comes more bugs.

Most or really all, original developers of OpenOffice have moved to LibreOffice, so the 'real deal' is LibreOffice but you can't go wrong with either...

LibreOffice offers two versions: Fresh and Still. Still is the stable version and should have most of the bugs worked out.

Most or really all, original developers of OpenOffice have moved to LibreOffice, so the 'real deal' is LibreOffice but you can't go wrong with either...

Thanks I didn't know this.

BTW, was the site hacked recently? I received an email to change my password for "security reasons", and I've never had to do that before......?

- - - Updated - - -

LibreOffice offers two versions: Fresh and Still. Still is the stable version and should have most of the bugs worked out.

Thanks, I'll look into the STILL version, no need for fresh AND maybe fail version hah.

Prudent choice.

In this, the year of 2016, password changing emails are routine.
Web sites get breached routinely, I've had at least half a dozen forums (recently) ask me to change my password because of this. It is no longer even "news" ;).

Back