• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Pump Issues - Loud grinding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, I honestly didn't notice before. But it's pretty stark when I see how it should look.

It's also depressed into the housing, no wonder right?

That's what it looks like to me. I'm not familiar with the res but it might be possible to over tightened the pump to it or you bought it that way and never checked the condition of the pump.

I almost feel both housings look a bit different. Are they both from the same mfger?

It's been over a week with no issue, so marking this as solved. I deeply appreciate the time everyone has put into helping me out. Really it is hard to believe the new pump I originally ordered was hard to believe, but I guess it happens.

One thing I did learn, though- Clean more regularly. My pump would likely last longer if I do. I never gave it much thought, just cleaning it when the water seemed gross. Thank you.

Didn't expect to see that, I wonder how that could have happened?

It would take quite a bit of pressure to bend in that housing cup?

The housing looks bent as that could have been the main culprit since the pump is basically imbalanced while the impeller was slamming against the wall because of it and not some debris.

With that said, either the pump came like that from the seller or they might have been over tightened some how.

The housing looks bent as that could have been the main culprit since the pump is basically imbalanced while the impeller was slamming against the wall because of it and not some debris.

With that said, either the pump came like that from the seller or they might have been over tightened some how.
Dropped on a hard surface (the floor). ;)

Back