• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Vcore 2.2V VID0.9V-1.2V Is this okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felder13

CPU Vcore 2.2V VID0.9V-1.2V
Is this okay?

Bios setting: Default (no overclock)
MB: ECS H61H2-MV
Processor: G620

1.jpg

Do I need do something? :confused:

If that CPU was actually getting 2.2V, you wouldn't be posting from that PC. It is an anomalous result.

Consider upgrading the BIOS on that budget motherboard and see if that helps. Otherwise, it is what it is, and I would go by what the BIOS says.

That seems very high. Likely a false reading. What is the vCore set to in the BIOS? Stock is around 1.05v but will bounce around with the speed step setting.

Thanks for the reply.
From Bios:
CPU Voltage: 1.176V
DIMM Voltage: 1.524V
VTT Voltage: 1.044V

Is it possible CPU Vcore 2.2V = CPU Vcore + GPU Vcore? Because I'm using G620 GPU and not using extra VGA card.
But, If CPU Vcore 2.2V = CPU Vcore + GPU Vcore, the voltage is fix at 2.232V and never change even I test playing movie or test using Prime95. The only keep changing is VIN4 and the differences with VID is about 0.1V-0.2V.
From this, can I say that VIN4 is CPU Vcore(Based on HWMonitor)?
I want to undervolt G620, so I need to make sure everything first. Thanks.

*edit
I don't know which BIOS I'm using. From ECS website, the latest BIOS is updated on 2013 but I'm using 2014 BIOS(Based CPUZ). No BIOS version on ECS web. All based on date. I'll ask ECS about this. Thanks.

Last edited:
It's not possible it is vcore and gpu vcore, no.

VIN4 is closest... not sure if it is or not, though.

Undervolt using bios values... why are you undervolting?

To save a few bucks a year? If you want! You will only save a few watts... let's say 10W. My electricity is 10 cents per 1000W used per hour. Saving 10W saves you a tenth of a cent every hour or 2.4 cents per day assuming the machine is on 24/7 ($8.76 / year). When your pc is idle, it uses maybe 60-70w. Clearly you can save more by shutting it off or putting it in hibernate.

Last edited:
To save a few bucks a year? If you want! You will only save a few watts... let's say 10W. My electricity is 10 cents per 1000W used per hour. Saving 10W saves you a tenth of a cent every hour or 2.4 cents per day assuming the machine is on 24/7 ($8.76 / year). When your pc is idle, it uses maybe 60-70w. Clearly you can save more by shutting it off or putting it in hibernate.
That's from your side :)
If you live in my country which electric is quite expensive and a country which have low basic salary, you will agree with me. FYI, building a G620 with cheap ECS and 4GB memory, it cost 1/3 of my 1 month salary :)

Understood. Do both. But by far your biggest savings will come from shutting it off when not in use. :)

Back