• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had to RMA R9 390

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welp got an update today. They finally emailed me stating they shipped out a replacement card. Checking on their site the replacement is another 390. Looks like no free upgrade for me :-/

Shipping is through Fedex. Hope I get it by the weekend.

Will update-

Welp got an update today. They finally emailed me stating they shipped out a replacement card. Checking on their site the replacement is another 390. Looks like no free upgrade for me :-/

Shipping is through Fedex. Hope I get it by the weekend.

Will update-

Good luck! Wasnt too long.

Yeah, but feels like an eternity without gaming!:rofl:

I actually had to spend time with the wife! :chair:

Wooowowowow, Mustve felt like hell! (jk)

I feel you mate, I have been like that for about 4 years lol. The only games i could run are these f2p crappy games and Minecraft.

Wooowowowow, Mustve felt like hell! (jk)

I feel you mate, I have been like that for about 4 years lol. The only games i could run are these f2p crappy games and Minecraft.

I feel your pain bro! Only game I can play currently is Crash Dive through steam. The graphics are not that extensive and onboard video can handle it.

I feel your pain bro! Only game I can play currently is Crash Dive through steam. The graphics are not that extensive and onboard video can handle it.

Mannnnn!! Play Fallout 1 and 2!!!

These games are f*cking amazing.

Wish I had paid attention to this thread at the beginning....I coulda sent ya sumpin to tide ya over.
It would've been of the nVidia flavor though ;)

Mannnnn!! Play Fallout 1 and 2!!!

These games are f*cking amazing.

Yeah I checked them out. My poor onboard can't handle them tho :-/. It's a stuttering mess at times.

Wish I had paid attention to this thread at the beginning....I coulda sent ya sumpin to tide ya over.
It would've been of the nVidia flavor though ;)

Aww thx Luta. I'm a cherry flavor guy , but hell I would've settled on Lemon/Lime ;)

My rig won't even install a game from the 90's, much less run it, lol. I tried running a game from 2004 and my rig would just spit it out! :rofl:

LOL.
Try a VM, Set it to win xp or 2000 or 98 and enjoy :D

Last edited:
Finally got my new replacement today. Sent in a 390, got back a brand new 480! :clap:

Tho PowerColor is a tad slow, they did right by me!

A little slow is ~18 days including weekends and you shipping it to them and them shipping it to you??? Seems good to me! Glad you got a modern card back and not another side grade! :)

Yeah, way cool! I noticed there are 2 versions of my new card. I have the Red Devil RX480 1330Mhz Core, the other is a 1279Mhz Core version. Both look identical aside from core speeds. I lucked out and they sent the 1330 :rock: Temps are pretty cool. Idles @ 51c and loads up @ 78c. I might check the TIM and replace it with MX4 or the Noctua NT-H1.

A little slow is ~18 days including weekends and you shipping it to them and them shipping it to you??? Seems good to me! Glad you got a modern card back and not another side grade! :)

Yeah, but it seemed like ages when you're not gaming! ;)

Back