• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Had to RMA R9 390

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Yup. Funny how during stock speeds @ desktop it's all good, but put a load on it and I started to get artifacts/black screens :-/ Couldn't even overclock it as it would instantly black screen also.

In order to game I had to underclock it and back off on the game settings. In FC4 I would get artifacts, but in Borderlands 2 it was perfect :confused:

Shipped it out today to PowerColor. I know I'm going to go through withdrawls from not gaming :cry: Hope they don't take too long to repair/replace it.

Far Cry 4 is much more intensive than Borderlands 2, makes sense.
Sucks you had to RMA, let us know how it goes!

Email stated:
Please allow up to 14 business days for us to process your RMA request. And: (Special requests may result in slower processing time for your RMA).

Good luck and hope you get it ASAP!
A little tip if you game alot, Keep a cheaper less powerful card as a backup so when your main card fails you can still game (Maybe @ low settings but its still gaming.)!

That is a long time.:-/

Yeah, I know :-/

Good luck and hope you get it ASAP!
A little tip if you game alot, Keep a cheaper less powerful card as a backup so when your main card fails you can still game (Maybe @ low settings but its still gaming.)!

I normally have spares, but the ones I do have don't have HDMI and my screen is a 43" HDTV which doesn't have VGA/DVI inputs :-/

Welp just got off the phone with Andrew from PowerColor's RMA dept. Was told the card locked up several times soons he tried to test it right off the bat. He also told me they'll be replacing it. Dunno if I'll get another 390 or one of the 390X models.

I told him it's no fun not being able to game so he's pushing the RMA to be resolved faster. He said I'll get an email stating they'll be replacing it and with what along with tracking info.

Looks promising :clap:

Last edited:
Yeah. He's a really cool and very friendly person to talk to. I've spoken to some really rude CS people in the past, but this guy is great. I'm going to see if he'd like to be a REP here ;)

Yeah. He's a really cool and very friendly person to talk to. I've spoken to some really rude CS people in the past, but this guy is great. I'm going to see if he'd like to be a REP here ;)

Yeah he seems like a really nice guy :)

Well good to know there is some good reps still out there for companies!
I know PowerColor was one of my favorite companies for AMD cards in the past... deals have pulled me away from them in with the past 2 cards but still. Great to know. Hopefully its a nice quick turn around for you since they found out it was faulty.

I'm already going crazy not gaming :cry: I checked my RMA status and it's shows : Testing Completed, but nothing updated. I don't want to be an a$$ and be one of those that calls every day for an update. They might get pissed off and send me a junk card as a replacement :-/

The suspense is killin' me!

Yeah I'd say it would if you couldn't game at least to what your use to. Does the onboard work at the lowest settings by chance? :) J/K that probably drive me nuts doing something like that.

I'm already going crazy not gaming :cry: I checked my RMA status and it's shows : Testing Completed, but nothing updated. I don't want to be an a$$ and be one of those that calls every day for an update. They might get pissed off and send me a junk card as a replacement :-/

The suspense is killin' me!

Typically their websites are TERRIBLE with updating status... not saying I would call two days later either though. LOL

Back