• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta fans and controller 36w

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dpg3456

Hello all, i have some questions.

My build:
Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
1050w PSU
total of 7 fans.

i want to upgrade all of the fans to https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UO0WEI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1JDVQBTNMED4K

im also going to get these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0185P4MVO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3AX24NME6J6T3
these are to help keep an eye of the temps, just for fun.

my question, i was planning on using a 5 channel fan controller but i think even connecting two onto the board would fry the headers. they pull 36w each. if anyone has suggestions of fan controllers that could support these fans, please link. or would buying 5 of these fans with a 5ch controller be better, and using two of the fans i am currently using. the fans i have now are just random fans bought at fry's.

also, would those sensors work like i think they will, just plug into the temp sensor headers?

thanks for the help

Last edited:
i cant delete post, but im going with Scythe GentleTyphoon D1225C12BBAP-31 and ill find a controller for that.

Is there a reason you want fans capable of making your ears bleed?

Why not look at something with better static pressure and airflow than the H105 fans, but not where you're going to be unable to hear yourself think while using your PC?

I'm personally a fan of Noctua industrialPPC PWM fans, take a look at them. High performance, can be controlled on a software fan curve, and a pleasant tone to the sound they make.

I like that these were cheaper with high cfm. 17.7 static pressure

My room gets so hot, I have a big fan to help cool it down. I can handle some fans. Either way, I can turn down the speed.

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at 100cfm range. I have 150 to spend on 7 fans and a controller. Those fans you recommended are to expensive. Do you have other recommendations? Sound is not my concern, temps are.

If sound isn't your concern then what you have picked for fans are all three solid options.
For controllers, I'm not much help.

okay, thank you for your help. i think that controller i have linked last will work great with those fans. they put a ton of power out, imma bridge two fans for one switch. prolly the radiator fans.

As long as you don't exceed the per channel rating or the overall rating it should work fine.

Back