• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill Aegis or Corsair Vengeance LPX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vanAndesen

Registered
[SOLVED] G.Skill Aegis or Corsair Vengeance LPX?

Hello Overclockers

I hit a wall with my next rig and hope to get a little feedback to make the final chose, so I can order my new baby...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775801-Corsair-Neutron-Xti-vs-Samsung-Evo-850

But lets talk memory here.

I have stood steady with G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 @ 16GB, then I needed to save a little and started looking at Corsair, as I know it is a good brand too.
Still I cannot decide between the two brands.

The 3 different choices are as follows:

G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 @ 16GB CL15
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 @ 16GB CL14
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 @ 16GB CL15

The price difference between the corsairs is laughable, while the G.Skill costs a little more.

Last edited:
I'd go 2x8GB of G.SKILL DDR4-3000 CL15.

Problem is that will blow my budget and I am trying to save the last cash to keep within the budget I have been set.
The only reason why I had the Corsair 3000MHz on the list is that they are like 1$ over the Corsair 2400MHz.
From the reviews and feedback I've gotten before, 2400MHz is a nice spot for gain versus cost.

I guess it comes down to the CL
Corsair (3000MHz) CL15-17-17-35
Corsair (2400MHz) CL14-16-16-31
G.Skill CL 15-15-15-35

So looking at the tested CL, either of the 2400MHz would be the goal, but since G.Skill sports 3x15 in a row, would they not be the best choice after all?
I know this may be the minor details, but its the last few to make my choice and order the rig over the weekend.

What's your limit on spending for the RAM? Where can you buy from?
There should be quite a few options with better timings than those kits at the given speeds.

What's your limit on spending for the RAM? Where can you buy from?
There should be quite a few options with better timings than those kits at the given speeds.

I am in Denmark, so prices are different, but my limit is around 100USD.
I am getting it all at one retailer, since it will give me assembly warranty when they assemble it all for me.
We have a different warranty system here, we go straight to the retailer (or place of purchase) and have a 2 year general warranty, at least.

Requirement, from what I've learned so far, is 2400MHz+ and CL15.
From experience and advices Corsair and G.Skill are favourites when it comes to brands.

No difference which one you pick unless you have Gigabyte motherboard then better stick to G.Skill.

Hello Overclockers

I hit a wall with my next rig and hope to get a little feedback to make the final chose, so I can order my new baby...
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/775801-Corsair-Neutron-Xti-vs-Samsung-Evo-850

But lets talk memory here.

I have stood steady with G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 @ 16GB, then I needed to save a little and started looking at Corsair, as I know it is a good brand too.
Still I cannot decide between the two brands.

The 3 different choices are as follows:

G.Skill Aegis DDR4-2400 @ 16GB CL15
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2400 @ 16GB CL14
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 @ 16GB CL15

The price difference between the corsairs is laughable, while the G.Skill costs a little more.

To be frank I wouldn't bother with either, last time I looked RAM is manufactured by Micron (Crucial retail channel), Kingston and Samsung. Corsair they look well dodgy. I'm sure they are going into handbags and shoes this autumn/winter, if it moves slap a label on it cowboys...

Last edited:
Almost all DDR4 is either Hynix or Samsung ic's for all manufacturers. Really not much difference. I would get the G.Skill in 3200 ish speed 2x8GB sticks. Should be Samsung .

It seems I've seen more glitches with Corsair RAM around OCF over the last several months than any other brand. I may be wrong, but that sticks out in my memory. It may just be the Giga thing Woomack mentioned. Hard to go wrong with G. Skill , though.

+1 to that. We saw many issues with corsair and kinston on the AMD side of things, DDR3 but....

Back