• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

playing with my 1st overclock with my current CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

I have had it for 20 months...but never tried an overclock until now...here is what I have done so far. If there is a better way feel free to let me know

Changed CPU ratio to "per core" and noted values
Core 1 @ 37
Core 2 @ 37
Core 3 @ 36
Core 4 @ 35

increased BCLK to 103

Booted up fine and ran OCCT for 20 minutes and temps did not go over 61c. (quick question about OCCT...when I first load it. it shows -75% overclock. I start the test and it slowly raises to 9.2% overclock, and stays there throughout the test. I assume this means that when CPU is idle it downclocks itself?)

Next, I increased the ratio of Core 3 to 37 and ran the test again...all good. Did the same thing with Core 4 with same results.

That is where I am at right now...any suggestions on what I should try next...I am just looking for a modest "safe" overclock.

the highest they will go is 37...if I try 38 BIOS wont change it...is that what you meant by main multiplier?

Last edited:
Yes. Inlet allowed 4 Bins overclocking over stock on Sandy bridge with a non K CPU it probably has changed. Try increasing the turbo to 4.1 GHz or as high as it will allow.

Last edited:
Yes. Inlet allowed 4 Bins overclocking over stock on Sandy bridge with a non K CPU it probably has changed. Try increasing the turbo to 4.1 GHz or as high as it will allow.

I am not finding the setting you are referring to...even if I change back from "per core" the highest number it will let me enter is 37.

So...I should probably try upping the BCLK a step at a time until it becomes unstable, then possibly raise the voltage a bit. Temps were very good with what I had in my first post in this thread...thanks for your input

You are doing fine however with such a small overclock with BCLK you won't need to increase voltage of anything. The BCLK (Base Clock) will become unstable do to the connection to PCI-E buss before you can overclock the CPU Speed much more.

You are doing fine however with such a small overclock with BCLK you won't need to increase voltage of anything. The BCLK (Base Clock) will become unstable do to the connection to PCI-E buss before you can overclock the CPU Speed much more.
that is something I did know lol, and I also new BCLK stood for Base Clock...abbreviation is so much quicker to type:D

Back