• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ESXi PFSense VM network help. Do I have it set up right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmdixon85

Just wondering if I have my ESXi network set up properly. Everything is working fine apart from the Plex windows app. Even when streaming a film to another machine on my private LAN, the stream is being fed out of the PFSense Private LAN connection instead of the VM network (where the VM running the plex server is connected to). I haven't really tried to solve this yet but I have drawn a couple of (poor) pics to show how my setup is now and how I think it maybe should be set up? Surely the only traffic on my PFsense private LAN port should be internet traffic? Thanks for any help.

LAN Current.png LAN.png

Did you create a rule in the firewall for Plex? Try testing with the firewall disabled and you will know whether you need to create a new rule or not. Good luck :)

Yes otherwise the plex wouldn't be accessible. Mainly just wondering if the setup should be connected like I have it or in my second example.

Back