• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with openCl.dll on Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Junebug

Hi had some issues with my son's computer a month or so back...FAH kept failing to run the GPU client because OpenCl.dll was missing. I looked up solutions and tried many of them..it would go way, only to resurface a few days later. Finally I beat it in submission and it never came back.

Now another rig, running Window10, is doing the same thing again. I have tried SPCfix an number of times, but No Joy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Junebug

This happened to me yesterday when Windows 10 did a forced update to anniversary edition.

I had to reinstall the GPU drivers. I selected "clean install".

I had same thing on my Wimp 10 err.... I mean Win 10 after a update crash :) jk on the crash. Why Win 10 does this, I don't know but like JrClocker said, just reinstall and it should work fine.

p.s. I like your avatar, check out my girls:
Left: Ginger, Right: MaryAnn
Picture 010.jpg

Thanks Guys! I reinstalled the GPU drivers and now all is well. Cute cats! The ones in my Avatar are unfortunately both gone, but I have three more that keep me company at work!

Junebug

I had same thing on my Wimp 10 err.... I mean Win 10 after a update crash :) jk on the crash. Why Win 10 does this, I don't know but like JrClocker said, just reinstall and it should work fine.

p.s. I like your avatar, check out my girls:
Left: Ginger, Right: MaryAnn
View attachment 183593

Since this issue is resolved, I'll thread jack. We have two cats that look nearly identical to yours. Our yellow cat is Triscuit and our brown one is Scout. Ours are male and are the only two cats we have.

Back