• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED White Silverstone Milo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
I was wondering how small case I can get and still install 200W graphics card inside without overheating or any additional issues. Couple of days ago I found Silverstone Milo ML07 in pretty good price and since I didn't like the look of plastic parts, grills and some other things then I decided to make something with it.
I made it also because some forum members were looking for small gaming case. At the end I wanted to put MSI motherboard and some other parts in a case as I'm moving it often between home and work.

Standard Silverstone case looks like this:
http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=503&area=en

Temps with [email protected] and GTX1070:
max CPU: ~80*C in Prime95, ~64*C while folding, less while playing games
max GPU: ~81*C while folding

Modifications:
Plasti Dip cover - white, "rubber" finish + red paint on sides/top
Removed standard grills and added new black alu
Changed sleeving on power/reset/LED cables
Removed drive bay ( some cutting )

Hardware setup:
i5 [email protected] 1.15V / Cryorig C7 cooler
MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC ( WiFi/Bluetooth included )
Gigabyte GTX1070 Founders Edition
Patriot Viper 4 2x4GB DDR4-3600@3733 XMP timings 1.35V ( option to switch to 16GB when needed )
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SATA SSD ( option to add M.2 SSD )
Corsair SF450 - 450W Gold 90+ ( passive till 50%+ load so for most of the time )

9.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

1.jpg

10.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
I had some more ideas but I'm switching hardware too often and probably I will sell this GTX1070 so I didn't want to try with water cooling. Whole pc runs really quiet and I'm pretty satisfied. I was also trying to load it to the max to check if all is fine. Tests took about a week and all is fine.

Looks great. What is that red stuff an applique/sticker?

update

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

I decided to add something and modify couple of small things. Also had to repaint red/black stripe as front was brighter than the top/bottom ( or left/right side, depends how you look at it ).

thanks, it's a bit larger than Xbox 360 but PSU is inside and it generally runs everything ... it's also not as noisy as Xbox ( I had no PS so can't compare )

Back