• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ADATA XPG Dazzle 16 GB DDR4-2800 Memory Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Hello, Overclockers! Today's catch for the chopping block is a new set of DDR4 from ADATA. Coming in at 16GB (2x8GB) and DDR4-2800 this kit should be no slouch. Icing on the cake, these RAM modules have bling in the form of red LEDs across the top to light up your rig. Continue on with me as we delve in to the ADATA XPG Dazzle DDR4 memory kit.

Click here to view the article.

Great! Thank you for using Thaiphoon Burner software when preparing the review. I shall add the URL to your review to Thaiphoon Burner's database.

d8580c76084f4a26355fd33b705c74b2.jpg

1) ADATA used its own PCB design which is based on JEDEC Raw Card B. To be more precise, it is Raw Card B0 (dual-rank PCB for x4 and x8 single-die DRAMs with DDR4-2133 speed rate). The visual difference between ADATA’s PCB and standard JEDEC Raw Car B is SPD location (to the left) and availability of additional passive components (to the right);

2)The PCB of the modules was probably manufactured by HSIEN JINN INDUSTRY CORP or Dalian Mingjia Electronics Co., Ltd. If the heat spreader was removed, I could recognize the manufacturer. Booth the companies are not good at quality. Besides, SPD EEPROM package is probably MSOP8 which is not specific for DDR4 modules. All DDR4 modules should carry UDFN8 or TDFN8-package SPD EEPROM.

3) SPD Revision 1.0 is not the latest. For this moment Revision 1.1 is the latest one.

Thanks for the feedback! Your notes about the PCB manufacturers could explain why I wasn't able to overclock these sticks very far.

Back