• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A2DP Volume

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

habbajabba

I have an S5 Galaxy, non-rootable. I use an apk called 'a2dp volume' primarily for use in my car with VLC (internet radio streams as local radio blows). After you connect though BT normally to your car radio, a2dp disconnects wifi, opens vlc, and then boosts the volume. Once disconnected from the car bt, a2dp resets the media volume to the way it was before you connected and stops vlc.

A2dp can:
capture your physical location on disconnect (via gps), in case you need to find your car again
disconnect wifi
silence notifications
read text messages out loud
set user defined media volume on connect
remember last used volume on disconnect
ramp volume up at a specified delay-my favorite
start ap on connect (org.videolan.vlc)
force ap restart
stop ap on disconnect
launch car/headset/cable/etc. mode (with corresponding icon)

A2dp keeps a "profile" of all the above info for each bt device it connects to. You manually edit the profiles (check boxes and sliders) based on your personal preferences.
For those who do not have a $500+ after market car radio and amp, the 'ramp volume up' feature is awesome. A couple vlc apk versions prior to 2.0.6, I had found a setting in vlc itself which allowed for volume boosting but have not been able to find it in the latest version. Even if it was there, I would have to manually do it which is where a2dp comes in. It may work as well with foobar, volume boosting, but tbh, foobar doesn't do streams and the gui is not as user friendly as is vlc I find.

Just a heads up for those without bumpin aftermarket car speakers and amp but do have a bt radio.
https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=a2dp&fdid=a2dp.Vol
Do yourselves a favor and put f-drpoid on your phone. I do not use the playstore AT ALL. If I desperately need an apk for whatever, I have to find an alternate such as apk-dl. I also use xda labs, another excellent repo. It just requires an xda login, nbd.

Last edited:
Back