• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

After a complete shut down, starting the computer works only after reset button

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes. You are correct. Imaging/reimaging four OS on my system are behind this problem.
I have also originally had more than one OS reside on its own *active* partition.
That was a mistake.
There should only be one *active* partition.

Currently I actually have Windows 8.0 as the first and only active partition. The reason Windows 10 is not is because it takes up most space, and consequently it takes longer to image/reimage.

On that topic, I believe I should have the boot partition separate from every OS. Just an active 100MB boot partition with all other partitions not being active partitions and two things would be accomplished:
Easier imaging/reimaging, because active partitions are impossible to image from within other OS *unless* you are doing it from Windows XP, which does not use BCD, and Windows XP is for that additional reason useful to me... [Main reason being grouping of files and folders on different parts of the screen when sorting out files (you can't do that on Windows 7/8/10 - only their desktop icons can be grouped - but not files or folders.)]

But I definitely can get my computer in a state ( I believe it is in that state right now) where ALL the problems discussed here are gone.

The only thing I did was play with that BIOS screen. Making sure only the hard drives where my four OS are on are in the list and nothing else.
And changing one more thing, last time I tried changing Fast Boot setting.

Back