• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have ordered many things, so excited! [re-build log]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SalemSaberhagen

6 x Alphacool G1/4 1/2" (13mm) Barbed Fitting with O-Ring "FatBoy" - Deep Black

7 x Alphacool G1/4 1/2" (13mm) 90 Revolvable Barbed Fitting with O-Ring - Black

1 x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper X-Flow 240mm Radiator

1 x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm Radiator

1 x Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm Radiator

1 x Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Reservoir - Acetal

1 x Aquacomputer D5 Pump Core | PWM Equipped

1 x Watercool HEATKILLER® IV PRO (INTEL processor) ACRYL

1 x BitFenix ALCHEMY 2.0 PSU CABLE KIT (red)

1 x PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Flexible Tubing (blood red)

1 x EK-FC1080 GTX FTW Backplate - Black

1 x EK-FC1080 GTX FTW - Acetal+Nickel

Total spent, way too much 767USD, thank god for a nice lotto hit.

Last edited:
Congrats on the lotto hit. (Wondering what you played and what the prize was. lol)

Sub'd to see what you have in store for us.

Congrats on the lotto hit. (Wondering what you played and what the prize was. lol)

Sub'd to see what you have in store for us.

TY original build is pretty much here ... http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...t-enough-inputs-an-idea?p=7941895#post7941895

The waterblock will be the slowest shipper and ...

...D'oh, I'm short two connectors!

But everything should be here well before Halloween, being where I am it's a SpookyPC!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I play the masscash 100k lotto multiple times daily, at least a three for of the same number.

I hit for 750$ ... which means I got 750$ free and clear (3x250) ... sigh ,,, which also means I was one more match away from 300k or 210k after taxes.

Exhale, beer, dream about awesome rig, release.

I spent like 30$ more than I won, LOL

That's awesome to hear. I won $20 on a $2 scratch last month.

Now that you have the funds, I'm going to assume you've read the basics and maintenance involved already. Just making sure we're on the same page since I have no idea what custom water cooling knowledge one might have as many times they'll post about it and other times they won't because they don't. lol

That's awesome to hear. I won $20 on a $2 scratch last month.

Now that you have the funds, I'm going to assume you've read the basics and maintenance involved already. Just making sure we're on the same page since I have no idea what custom water cooling knowledge one might have as many times they'll post about it and other times they won't because they don't. lol

Welp I once built a swiftech/bigwaterII horrid combo that ran awesome and didn't turn to a gunky horror show right away?

Since I tore that apart and went back to air I swore I would never try it again.

So the obvious next step was to order a bunch of stuff and dive in head first.

I'm a bit confused by your couple first comments. Are you saying you eventually ran into a issue?

The Bigwaters are a nightmare. I've seen my share of horror stories.

If you have any questions, please ask and read up. Don't be shy as there are no stupid questions as some refer too.

I'm a bit confused by your couple first comments. Are you saying you eventually ran into a issue?

The Bigwaters are a nightmare. I've seen my share of horror stories.

If you have any questions, please ask and read up. Don't be shy as there are no stupid questions as some refer too.

I read a ton and thanks for you concerns. I hope to publish a nice little build but as we all know that already has gone and will go wrong.

So catch up tomorrow as I order at least one more 1/4 barb ... opps.

Alos, I;ll have a lower percentage of ale.

Mistakes left intentionally ;)

I read a ton and thanks for you concerns. I hope to publish a nice little build but as we all know that already has gone and will go wrong.

So catch up tomorrow as I order at least one more 1/4 barb ... opps.

Alos, I;ll have a lower percentage of ale.

Mistakes left intentionally ;)

My apologies. Didn't know this was your build log. If you'd like, go ahead and create another thread with the word "Build log" in it so others know.

looprev1a.jpg

This is my basic plan of attack, lets see where I end up.

Edit: Got the last three barbs, two to make it work and one extra.

Also picked up 6 extra rubber o-rings JIC.

Waiting on the GPU block and hose clips.

Last edited:
Just bought two gallons of distilled water, 6 pack of paper towels.

I'm scared.

Ugh, forgot a funnel!

Welp, two things have thwarted me before I began.

One, Ole Clunky the laptop wont start and while I was wrestling with that I was going over the steps of flushing and testing everything.

Flushing, yea.

I forgot a drain point. :(

Last edited:

Hah, these guys, I have an extra barb!

Welp, Mr Alcohol content says NO, not tonight.

Bro at work is having his wedding this weekend, so maybe next midweek.

Edit:

So, to finalize, I can leave one of the radiator or one of the gpu fittings with a "tail" since I ordered an extra barb (genius!) and simply block it off till I want to do the initial flush.

Last edited:
I've not been able to warm up to this "idea" so I will wait.

I think it's better to have some nice trustable mechanical checks in the loop to flush/test and fill.

So dear Alphacool, check will be in mail soon lol. I'm at about half as much into cooling as I am the build so I am not going to dive in.

...sorry if I'm a bore but ... ??? time money issues lol

So yea, a little update.

My TEE connector and valve show up this Friday.

Another thread here got me opening boxes and looking at how things will fit.

They will not!

The crossflow 240 is going to be a mess with the 120 rad and the reservoir is too tall for the space and may not fit with the front 240 at all.

LOL, so I did what any good overclocker should do, I opened my wallet again!

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Series PH-ES614P_BK Black Steel is on the way!

Case is here, OMG it's HUGE! :D

I think I could toss my Core2300 inside and shut the door!

I'm going to start tonight!

Edit:

Testing my potato getting ready watching the game.

potatotest.jpg

Best of a dozen photos with as many settings, god this thing is crap.

Last edited:
Back