• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project: Military Tech - A fundraising project in support of veterans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Knowing this project is in the books, I'm waiting to see what donations it brings as well. Maybe next time I take the server rack outside, it'll be with the spray gun and compressor rather than rattle cans.

I am excited about the donations as well. We haven't even set up a table yet and I've already made almost $100 in donations.

As for painting your rack, I have a spray gun, you'll just need to find a compressor to borrow :clap: Didn't think to mention it before when I came over(...don't hate me?) :p

I have a compressor, its a HFT special but it works. A friend of mine is going to let me use his shop to dip the beetle in the somewhat near future, so we'll see how that goes.

Hey Dalchi, I was curious to how your fundraising on this eventually turned out. Were you able to get good input form your community?

Hey Dalchi, I was curious to how your fundraising on this eventually turned out. Were you able to get good input form your community?

Good morning my friend!

We actually did fairly well. When all was said and done we raised just over $600 to go towards the VFW’s honor guard uniforms, gas for the Honor Guard van, and more! We also got a little press exposure as well. Hopefully it will spur the community to keep supporting the VFW post.

On a personal level, it’s allowed us to partner with ModMyMods on future projects too. Our current is our DDCM desk.

I had so much fun doing this project :) I can’t wait until I get to do my next giveaway of a modded case for each service branch. I’m thinking I will do one per year starting in 2020. I already have at least one company I can get cases from. 😁

Back