• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Safe to put mITX in a rubber sports bag when travelling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antisthenes

Registered
Will the components inside a Cooler Master 110 be damaged by static if I put it in a sports bag made of relatively thick waterproof rubber, during travelling on airplanes, trains or a bus? And if it is safe, will it generate damaging static if the bag is slided 10-50 cm, into an airplane overhead locker for example?

Should also mention that I had to cut a small hole in the roof of the CM 110 to make room for one of the two water cooling cables of the H81i, so will static travel through this cable into the components, the CPU for instance?

Last edited:
Not a concern. Just make sure you take it out of the rubber sack before you fire it up. Won't breathe too well otherwise.

Ok, tnx!

But have to mention that the waterproof duffel bag is probably made of (a combination of) nylon, vinyl (pvc) and/or polyester. It will tightly surround the case. Still not a concern?

And will it help if I cover the case by a cotton t-shirt, to kind of insulate it from the "rubber"-like material of the bag?

Might not be a bad idea. I wouldn't obsess about it. Static damage danger is usually overrated.

Back