• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V October: PCMark 05

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
better ssd but still windows 10. will load some windows7 and see what it does. This nuc isnt gonna be competitive for the bench- just wanted to put up a run, this one doesnt have the wallpaper pc05-20766.jpg

at least you get to put up a score.
I can't get it to run on the two rigs I have here now.
neoncandydancer and I have found a rave, down the street with an open bar, join us when you're done.

have you ran as administrator? if so what is the section that fails?

Did you install WME9 x64 or x32. You need the 32bit version and I know the one from the link I posted in the OP works I've tried it myself.

common for IE to fail if it is a new windows load as you need to give some input on what data microsoft mines from you. I know thats not your issue but make sure you also have opened IE to get rid of the MS popups too

I am using a cut down win7, 64 bit, sp1 with no updates.
no internet, no fonts, no nothing, it's been gutted.

has that version of windows 7 worked with pcmark before? could be something needed that is stripped. there is a specific version for pcmark- the strip is specific for pcmark anyway

not that I have ever tried.
fire strike runs.
aquamark runs.
super pi runs.
w prime runs.
it takes an act of god to install anything other than a video or chipset driver.

would guess that is the issue with audio on pcmark then

With PCmark I use a straight OEM Win7 SP1 install disc. I also install IE9 (not needed but scores better) and WME9 32bit

I don't install any audio driver at all and it still works. I think it uses the WME9 for that. I'm assuming it's audio compression through the CPU not playback

but if windows only has audio through the gpu- I think that is an issue

I guess it's possible "IF" the standard windows audio has been stripped out prior to install. Not that it needs a driver but there may be some codecs missing.

Back