• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Setting client to start with windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jaymz9350

I've just recently had the need to have fah start with windows. It's windows 10 and client 7.4.4 how do I set the client that way I can't for the life of me figure it out

Last edited:
When you install 7.4.4 in Win 10, it should have installed a shortcut in the startup folder. To get to the startup folder, you need to type "shell:startup" in the run command.
If by chance the F@H shortcut is not in the startup folder, just copy and paste to the startup folder from your desktop or drag and drop.

Thanks that did it. When I set it up I didn't want it to start up with windows that's why it wasn't there. Until the last couple weeks my system never restarted itself so it was a non issue but it has the last two weeks and I'm no longer home during the week to restart it.

Thanks, if this doesn't fix the issue I'll try that next. So far the two times it did it it was sitting at the login screen when I returned home so I'm going to see if setting auto login and fah to start with windows fixes my problems. I don't really want to kill updates since this isn't a dedicated folding rig. It just seems strange that I've had Win10 since the upgrade was available to me and been folding on it since Feb and never had it do this before.

jaymz9350;7963672 I don't really want to kill updates since this isn't a dedicated folding rig.[/QUOTE said:
You could re-enable updates once a month then disable them till next update so you won't get any reboots in the mean time.

I'll see if this works first, I know me and I'll never remember to turn it back on

Thanks for the help, so far so good. It went down on Thursday the last two weeks bit still chugging along so far. I'll check to see if it rebooted and started back up when I make it home.

Back