• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time build Have a few questions if you have the time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks good to me.. .especially for a first timer... well done!
Thanks!
If you stare at it (which I do) the 90 degree angles are off horribly had stretch to make if fit force things alittle I want it to fit perfectly with no forcing I feel I have more of a chance to leak if I have to lift my graphics card up to get the top tube to fit ect. I think finding a 11mm of bending cord may prove to be difficult to find may end up using sand

Im considering Sending back the 3200 mhz predator ram for 2400 that is what is recommended buy the motherboard and the processor company's im afraid even if i get it to boot it would be unstable or something.What are your thoughts on that?

Hogwash. Unless the sticks are bad, just about any board/cpu will run 3200mhz. :)

Set xmp profile in the bios and go!

Hogwash. Unless the sticks are bad, just about any board/cpu will run 3200mhz. :)

Set xmp profile in the bios and go!

Ok so I set up xmp as I watched the YouTube video asus diy that heavy set jay guy dunno his last name I enabed it and hit save and exit and now the pc only comes on for a split second and shuts off I bought the 4 matched sticks and I have them in all the light brown slots on the mobo as directions said in mobo manual

When I was in bios before I set up xmp it said I only had 2 sticks of 2400 mz ram and everything was running fine I was able to put windows on my Samsung 850. 1tb

Last edited:
Ok so I set up xmp as I watched the YouTube video asus diy that heavy set jay guy dunno his last name I enabed it and hit save and exit and now the pc only comes on for a split second and shuts off I bought the 4 matched sticks and I have them in all the light brown slots on the mobo as directions said in mobo manual

When I was in bios before I set up xmp it said I only had 2 sticks of 2400 mz ram and everything was running fine I was able to put windows on my Samsung 850. 1tb

Well I got it back up and running again but I keep switching around ram and get different results each time I reboot it recognized 4 only once thought I was good went to boot windows from new hard drive and it rebooted again crashed what ever you call it still re working ram posititions trying to get it to show all 4 sticks again eventually going to need so pro advice on how to set these ram up in bios trying to avoid having to take it into a shop
EB4E13A9-4F25-4109-B782-2150F3C56536.jpg

Last edited:
Please use punctuation in your posts. So tough to read otherwise. :)

Which exact memory kit do you have?
Is your bios updated to tbe latest from the Asus website? If not, update it, and try again.
Your cpu was at stock speed when you enabled xmp?
Does enabling xmp raise your bclk to 125? (Look in bios after you set xmp, but before saving it.
Since you have 32GB, you may need to add .1-.15V to your System Agent voltage after enabling xmp but before you save and exit. Try that too.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCWQATY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s04?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah sorry about the grammar I will try.
But that's the ram I have.
I do have windows installed now, when i get off of work im going to go start downloading the the most recent motherboard drivers for the Sabertooth x99. I was able to get onto windows desk top this morning but, in bios it only showed 2 sticks of ram. Its wierd every time i start the computer i get a diffrent amount of ram sticks showing, were talking Cmos cleared no bios setting changes. I have yet to change any settings in bios since the clear, going to be patient with that part do not want to fry my Cpu.

Is your bios updated to the latest from the Asus website? If not, update it, and try again.

Does enabling xmp raise your bclk to 125? (Look in bios after you set xmp, but before saving it.

Since you have 32GB, you may need to add .1-.15V to your System Agent voltage after enabling xmp but before you save and exit. Try that too.

No I do not have the latest motherboard drivers yet.
When I get home I'm going to try and get it done.
When I was on live chat with Asus tech support a few days ago they told me I should get the newest releases of all the drivers avalible on the tools page.
I'm going to actually have to sit down and research the proper way to install them correctly and figure out what I might not need.
No enabling xmp did not seem to have an effect on the bclk at that particular time.
Also I want to say system voltage was at 1.009 recommended voltage would read? Exactly

You've been tons of help in my journey thanks a lot
I'm wondering did I make some decent hardware choices? I do have a return label sitting on the counter for these ram but in reality I'd love to be able to run it stable

Last edited:
Is your bios updated to the latest from the Asus website? If not, update it, and try again.

Don't forget to check the bios version as well. I've had many a memory issues be resolved by updating the BIOS to a more recent version. Sounds like you have a older version that has a couple bugs with that brand/speed of memory. My first indication was your talk about how the memory amount keeps changing in BIOS.

Good luck and let us know if you get it resolved. You have an awesome looking build there! Great job on the tubing bends, especially for a first timer! My favorite is the green LED fans, that is an awesome color of green.

Don't forget to check the bios version as well. I've had many a memory issues be resolved by updating the BIOS to a more recent version. Sounds like you have a older version that has a couple bugs with that brand/speed of memory. My first indication was your talk about how the memory amount keeps changing in BIOS.

Good luck and let us know if you get it resolved. You have an awesome looking build there! Great job on the tubing bends, especially for a first timer! My favorite is the green LED fans, that is an awesome color of green.
Yes thank you for the reply I appreciate it, I can use all the help I can get at this point.
I will be updating when I get home tonight I just have to learn how to update it properly. Not sure if I update through device manager or just exctract the asus global files to the desk top and open ect. Every single step I've made there has been about 4 hours of reading so I feel confident in applying these steps. I have literally no friends specializing in this stuff

Last edited:
Drivers are NOT the same as the motherboard BIOS. Two different things.

Not sure what stock SA voltage is... just raise it .1-.15V. :)

AS far as drivers... just run their file you get from the site. Not need for device manager, etc.

AS far as drivers... just run their file you get from the site. Not need for device manager, etc.

Thanks, The stock system voltage was set at 1.009 V by default. Thanks again

Installing the BIOS isn't too difficult, check ASUS website for a BIOS Flash utility. Usually can download the utility the same spot as the drivers. Then you just run the utility and point it to the new BIOS file you downloaded. Just make sure before installing any drivers or the BIOS that you have all other programs closed.

Doing it through the BIOS is easy as pie too. Just put it in the root on your USB stick, and go to the bios flash in the bios. boom. :)

Doing it through the BIOS is easy as pie too. Just put it in the root on your USB stick, and go to the bios flash in the bios. boom. :)

Tried all settings tonight at least computer still boots. I changed bios version to the newest one but bios still only recognizes 2 of the ram sticks can't get it to recognize all 4 after multiple reboots.
In system information it say 16gb physical memory =(

Last edited:
You added system agent voltage?

Do all four sticks work? Meaning, you can see two, have you swapped out sticks in working slots?

Is that memory on their QVL list?

Have you reached out to asus?

Back