• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looks like I have to call microsoft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
a friend called having gotten this from a click bait link at yahoo so I thought i'd go get it.

Attachments

• malware.PNG
    malware.PNG
    49.9 KB · Views: 178
I've been getting a lot of that type crap lately. Newegg has become a big offender. I believe it's time to make malware a hanging offense.

didn't you just describe win 10?
but really, why are we seeing more of these that have you call a number, then they take remote control of your machine then want a credit card number?

how many people fall for this?

I can see people being taken in by these and it's the older less tech savy.
I have dialed a rotory phone that plugged into a wall while adjusting the foil on a rabbit ear antenna on top of a black and white tv.

Area code 888 is like the new sig of scam artists/phishing scams because it's one of the new toll-free area codes.
I will not call, answer or even acknowlege anything from an 888 area code number no matter what it is.

I have dialed a rotory phone that plugged into a wall while adjusting the foil on a rabbit ear antenna on top of a black and white tv.

I remember how happy my old man was when he figured out his first TV remote control-"Boy! Go change the channel!".

my first remote, I think it was on a Curtis Mathis, was wired.

When we got our color TV my old man gutted the big cabinet the B&W was in and the new TV fit right inside. I don't think my parents got a TV with a real remote until I moved out. Hell, they didn't get cable until the 90s.

My grandma had a clicker for ages. I remember going to the grocery store with my parents and grabbing a tube for our tv lol. Fixed it.
Total clickbait looks like.

man, i didnt get my first lcd tv till i was a grown man. LOL

When people I know get that click bait, I just do a system restore and then search it with malwarebytes.

I remember the first remote TV we got. It was a Zenith. Tho wireless, when you pressed on the clicker the TV's channel knob would turn with a loud "ka-chunk".

It was one of these:

Attachments

• SC1.jpg
    SC1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 117
I get calls from the "your PC is infected" scammers regularly, in fact, got one yesterday. I've learned via area code who's calling and answer the phone 'Department of Justice' and get an immediate hang up.

I can see people being taken in by these and it's the older less tech savy.

How old is "older"? My answer: When you can't text and use your walker at the same time...

Rotory phones are very cool, no virus', no stuttering video or skipping MP3 playback, never drops the signal when you turn your head...

remember the multi line phones, the line of lighted buttons across the bottom.
if you were really modern, George Jetson, the rotory phone that was just the handset, you dialed from under it, I'll try to find a pic.

looked like this;

black-scandiphone-ericofon-lg.jpg

Back