• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears of War 4 for PC from a keysite?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

So after i saw GoW4 coming bundled with 1070s/1080s, i wondered how that might affect prices on places like gamesdeal. So i go to look and there is no PC listing for the game, but there is an Xbox One listing to check prices for. I understand this is a "Play anyhwere" title....but how would i make an xbox one keysite purchase work for Windows 10? Some of the instructions for the keysites say "you will receive an xbox account with the game. Log in using the provided credentials, download and install the game, then log out and back into your own account and delete the dummy account and voila, now you can play GoW4." I dont see how this will help for trying to use it on PC. Any ideas?

That seems shady with it "creating an account" for you and then expect it to transfer over. If your given a key it will work but something where they don't give you a key but an account just sounds like scam/abuse written all over it. I've purchased keys from various sites online before but typically for steam, not for any console/microsoft store before. Recently did purchase FH3 and GoW4 via MS store got both the Xbox One and PC versions, if your going to do it that would be the safest... not cheapest route.

Yeah it definitely seems weird, though a different keysite doesn't have those instructions and even mentions a windows key. I have to look it up again, but the key was sold out (listed at $30, i see why).

That wouldn't work that way, the only way to get it to work on your windows box would either be to utilize the account they give you or get an actual serial# to add to your windows store account and download/install it.

Back