• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, you wouldn't believe the airflow in that case. It went from nearly no airflow to a tremendous amount of airflow. I must admit, however, that the cases transformation was accidental at first. See, I had just gotten a bag of walnuts and could not find a nut cracker. I found that if I dropped my new computer on the nuts, I could open them. I then realized that if I dropped the case from higher and higher altitudes, it would take fewer tries to open a walnut. It wasn't until the bag of nuts was gone that I realized my error.

Since I had used all of my duct tape on my helmet (pictured earlier), I used what tape I could find. It took a few tries to get it up and running but I realized my temps were wicked low.

OK guys. I'm back in. I think that my issues are resolved. My problem child machine ran stable all night and was around 1.2 million ppd. Plus my one farm machine running about 500k ppd. It's too early to see in my stats but I'm hopeful that my issues are straightened out.

I still have a 980Ti to put into production, I have a 7990 dual GPU and an unknown number of 7970/280x's to bring up. My summer project list is nearly complete around the house so I will have time to start booting up the farm.

GAME ON! :comp:

Oh Jr. You did yourself in. Now that my system is stable, I installed your latest version of your folding monitor. It was there that I found one of my cards GREATLY underperforming. A quick check and I realized that I forgot to put in the flags for my second slot. It's done now and my production is looking great.

P.S. Top notch work on that program. I especially like your inclusion of folding flags/options. Nice touch.

Thanks - the program still has some quirks (hard to test all of the crazy scenarios that people can put to it!) Let me know if you have any issues and I will see if I can fix them!

:thup:

I got my Titan X P to 2050 MHz last night (I think it still has more to go...I go in small tweaks for my GPUs to ensure folding stability.)

Since I modded the EVGA 1080 hybrid kit onto the card, I've been able to increase the frequency from 1975 MHz to 2050 MHz (at 46 to 46 C...and quiet...versus 82 C and hair dryer!). While that may not seem like a lot, it's actually an additional 3.8% more than what I was getting on pure air.

At 1.2 million ppd, 3.8% is 45 K PPD...yeah baby. Heck, the card has hit certain work units that show 1.5 million ppd! (but you don't get many of those).

OK guys. I'm back in. I think that my issues are resolved. My problem child machine ran stable all night and was around 1.2 million ppd. Plus my one farm machine running about 500k ppd. It's too early to see in my stats but I'm hopeful that my issues are straightened out.

I still have a 980Ti to put into production, I have a 7990 dual GPU and an unknown number of 7970/280x's to bring up. My summer project list is nearly complete around the house so I will have time to start booting up the farm.

GAME ON! :comp:

Hey Don, I looked at your monthly totals and your highest was just a bit over 50mil, last month, I hit 54.7 mil, and it looks like I'm going to hit over 60mil this month and I only got my 3rd GTX 1080 on the 7th. Your going to have to plant some more GPU's on your farm to stop me :muahaha::rofl:

You got me. 50 mil is about the best I've ever done. That was earning about 1.6 mil ppd. Right now I am only running 2 x 980 Ti and 3 x 7970/280x. I have more to add but it may not be enough to keep you at bay. I can only hope to slow your advance to a crawl.

Last edited:
Glad to see you guys are still at it!
After a long move, a dead MSI A-88 motherboard, and 2 months without broadband, I am back finally folding.
I still have my 980ti so should be able to get 600k ppd or so with the new intel system in my sig. (hoping the workstation components hold up better!)

Good to be back!

OK. My "Honey Do" list will take me through this weekend but I am nearly done with it.

You guys are both above 2.5 mil and I have yet to respond. I will....

OK guys. I just got four of my 7970's going and I'm working on my 3rd 980Ti. The 980 is going in my server which is not cooperating at the moment so we'll see. I'm doing this in between coats of paint on our new porch column.

Too early to really say but I think that I will be up to something close to 2 mil. I still have 8 x 7970/280x with status unknown. Some of them do work but not all of them.

I hope that in the next couple of days, my point production will meet my estimates and cause you all to weep. :cry:

The only one weeping is me...can't match Whitehawk without another GPU.

I did push the Overclocks in my Titan X P and 980 Ti to give me another 90 K PPD though! :thup:

90k from OC? Nice. We've got all winter to tweek and see who comes out on top.... I mean, I know that I'll be #1 but which one of you guys will be in second? :escape:

90k from OC? Nice. We've got all winter to tweek and see who comes out on top.... I mean, I know that I'll be #1 but which one of you guys will be in second? :escape:

Oh you did not just say that :), ok Don, your on :rofl::chair: I had been thinking of getting another GTX 1080 SC but now you pushed me to it :muahaha: I hope you have enough tissues :)

I thought that we all knew that I'm all talk? :chair:
You're gonna be pushing those guys in the top 5. WTF!

I can't help it. I'm too excited. I just had my first ever, 2 mill in a 24 hr period. It's really nothing as I am looking for 24 hr average ppd which I have not hit but still....

You guys ultimately will get me, esp. if you get that extra card again Mr. WhiteHawk. With that said, I think that I will surpass my stated goal for the year of 2 mil ppd and that makes me happy. Ultimately beating you guys down and making you wish for death will just be the icing. (In a folding sense not physical. I would never wish real harm to come your way. In other words, a figurative beat down not literal.) You get the idea.

With my Titan X P and my 980 Ti heavily overclocked like they are now, I'm starting to bump into the output power limit of my UPS!

Typical Folding PSU Load:
--- Titan X P: 300 W (120% TDP)
--- 980 Ti: 275 W (110% TDP)
--- CPU: 75 W (50 % TDP)
--- RAM: 5 W
--- SDD + HDD: 24 W
--- Fans + CPU AIO: 31 W
Total PSU Draw: 712 W

850 Gold PSU: 87% efficiency at 712 of 850 W (according to review websites)
--- UPS PSU Load: 819 W
--- Monitor on UPS: 25 W
Total UPS Draw: 844 W out of 900 W

CPU can easily spike up another 25 W or so...putting me close to the limit.

If I change out the 980 Ti for another Titan X P, I'm at 872 W out of 900 W on the UPS...with a CPU power spike capable of pushing me over the limit...and shutting the system down!

So...basically...when I get my next Titan X P, I'll have to upgrade my PSU too...bummer.

Go big or go home...so get a 1000 W Titanum...with 92% efficiency versus 87% at this load...will bring me into 823 W on my 900 W UPS.
--- This will allow me to handle almost a full load power spike from the CPU.

While this is great, my next Titan X P will actually cost me:
--- Titan X P (tax + shipping): $1,300
--- AIO Kit (tax + shipping): $125
--- 1000 W Titanium PSU: $280
Total: $1,705 (minus what I can sell my 980 Ti for)

OUCH!

But...as an added bonus...the Titanium PSU will drop my electric bill by $5.50 per month - hehe.

Was that "maths" that you just put out there? Sounds like you are much more organized than I. I just buy parts, bolt them together and see what happens. Sometimes things work. :)

Back