• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think that his pain meds must be working too good. ;) I hope that your recovery is going well Whitehawk.

Well, I paused my two 980Ti's last night and forgot to fire them back up until this morning. That hurts my production. :(

Hey Don! Congrats on your blues!

I think that his pain meds must be working too good. ;) I hope that your recovery is going well Whitehawk.

Well, I paused my two 980Ti's last night and forgot to fire them back up until this morning. That hurts my production. :(

Well, I'm not on any pain meds, I even forgot to fill the prescription for them as I've not been in any pain after getting home after the surgery. Only reason I'm down on PPD, is the 1 PC that the PSU is failing has 2 GTX-1080's in it.

Well, I'm not on any pain meds, I even forgot to fill the prescription for them as I've not been in any pain after getting home after the surgery. Only reason I'm down on PPD, is the 1 PC that the PSU is failing has 2 GTX-1080's in it.

Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Look for a major change in the next week give or take. Things could go a little haywire here. You've been warned!

I kicked in an old laptop laying around for some CPU folding...it's adding 4.5 K PPD!!!

Now, that's only 0.15% of my current daily production, but that's me catching up to don256us 0.15% faster! Muhuhuhuhahahaha

I kicked in an old laptop laying around for some CPU folding...it's adding 4.5 K PPD!!!

Now, that's only 0.15% of my current daily production, but that's me catching up to don256us 0.15% faster! Muhuhuhuhahahaha

Dang and I was gonna be so close.... NOT! (sing song) I've some something coming....

Dang and I was gonna be so close.... NOT! (sing song) I've some something coming....

Ooooo...ooooo!

I know what it is!

I think it starts with "980" and ends with "Ti" and is in the quantity of 2!

Also, just so we are clear:

ppd Zone.jpg

Don't make me start gaming on a laptop! :D

Last edited:
I actually laughed. You sir are good. We'll see what happens.

Hehe - :thup:

Last night was a family night, and tonight is Single Awareness Day...so PPD will be up!

Hrm, according to my humble, but accurate, calculations:

At current production rates:
- don256us: will reach 1 billion points in 63.42 days
- WhitehawkEQ: will reach 1 billion points in 62.96 days

- JrClocker: will reach 1 billion points in 83.57 days

WTF!

To reach 1 billion in the same timeframe, I need to increase my production by 980,245 ppd. A second 1080 won't cut it (though I would need a new motherboard for my server computer...it's mITX...only has 1 PCIe slot). I would need to add a 3rd Titan X P into the folding farm...

Well - I just bought my wife a new car...so this may be in the cards...hrm...

Well then, I have bad news for you Torin, with this 5th GTX 1080, I will be around 4.8-4.9 mil ppd, sorry to keep you down there buddy :rofl::escape:

GTX 980 Ti FTW
GTX 1080 SC
GTX 1080 SC
GTX 1080 SC
GTX 1080 SC
GTX 1080 SC

I know you've got some power problems, but I see that as of this update, you are now producing less than me. I also note that you are almost exactly 1 billion points behind me.

You'll probably start catching up again soon, but it should be a while to get to me, especially now that I'm going to be adding another 1070 or two in the next quarter.

I just took a HUGE hit. I had a MB take out 3 x 980Ti and one Nexus 5 via USB. I'm getting one of the 980's RMA'd and I still have to check on the other two to see if I can do anything about it. While testing the 980's, they took out another board so I lost the platform for another three 7970's. I am very much down.

I have a replacement board coming and I will be able to run my two remaining 980's on it. More to come as I learn more.

I just took a HUGE hit. I had a MB take out 3 x 980Ti and one Nexus 5 via USB. I'm getting one of the 980's RMA'd and I still have to check on the other two to see if I can do anything about it. While testing the 980's, they took out another board so I lost the platform for another three 7970's. I am very much down.

I have a replacement board coming and I will be able to run my two remaining 980's on it. More to come as I learn more.

Wow! That is unbelievable! Talk about bad luck. Was the mobo in warranty?

That is a nasty (and expensive) hit. Hope you can RMA a bunch of it.

I just bought a used MB that will cure a lot of evil. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P9X79_WS/ I don't know what will happen with my two MSI cards but the EVGA card is sent in for RMA already.

Also, power went out this morning as a strong thunder cell came over my house. I haven't bothered to fire up the farm yet. Tomorrow is another day.

Well I'm not catching any breaks here. Power blipped again last night. This has really been happening a lot in the past two years. Big thunderstorms came through again causing some real damage to a local high school.

I'll fire up the farm again when I get home later this evening.

Well I'm not catching any breaks here. Power blipped again last night. This has really been happening a lot in the past two years. Big thunderstorms came through again causing some real damage to a local high school.

I'll fire up the farm again when I get home later this evening.
They just let the kids out of school because of incoming weather here. It's gonna be dicey folks.

Back