• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
There are probably three threads out there where there are challenges placed. I'm here to consolidate those challenges and to tell you to give up all hope. I am your ppd king and you will bow to me (if I can keep my farm up for more than an hour at a time). Your parents will weep for you should you not heed my warning. *cough* If I could only keep system stability. *cough*.

Bards will sing of this day for many years to come as I take down all comers (except any one for whom I can't).

Hit me with your best shot. Fire away......

(I'm trying to be over the top silly here so please try to read it that way.)

Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

:yawn:

Oh - did I miss something??? :rofl:

I have settled with my wife on the project I need to complete before I get my next Titan X P...I need to upgrade the in-house intercom system first.

New case arrives today.

After I get everything up and running in the new case, I will be hatching my grand-master-evil plan for a custom water loop and an additional Titan X Pascal.

Muhuhuhuhuhuh-hahahahahaha

There are probably three threads out there where there are challenges placed. I'm here to consolidate those challenges and to tell you to give up all hope. I am your ppd king and you will bow to me (if I can keep my farm up for more than an hour at a time). Your parents will weep for you should you not heed my warning. *cough* If I could only keep system stability. *cough*.

Bards will sing of this day for many years to come as I take down all comers (except any one for whom I can't).

Hit me with your best shot. Fire away......

(I'm trying to be over the top silly here so please try to read it that way.)

Build, Borg, Recruit. :comp:

Hay Don, you better go see a doctor about that cough, sounds really bad there :rofl:
If you keep buying 2nd hand, 3rd hand, 4th hand-100th hand equipment, it's no wonder you can't get your farm to run for more than an hour :rofl::rofl: I have nothing to fear from you :rofl::chair:

Oh and Jr, I talked to your wife and it's no more GPU's for you :rofl::escape:

My 3rd GTX 1080 SC just came in today, ether tonight or tomorrow I will install it and get it cranking.

edit:
Fudge fudge fudge fudge (and I do mean the kind you eat) the PSU in the PC I was going to install my 3rd GTX 1080 is a old 550W, now you may be saying that should be enough to run the GPU but for 1 thing, the PCIe power connector will not fit the GPU power connector :bang head:bang head:bang head
So now I have to get a new PSU and my car is in the shop. Me no go no where

Last edited:
You Air Force guys. Just use a paper clip and some duct tape. I think Jr. has the tape that he can send you. :rofl:

Well, it would seem I need new glasses and not a new PSU, I got the PCIe power cable to plug in to the GPU. I was trying to plug the 2 pin pigtail on the PCI 6+2 connector in the wrong side.
Having crippled hands and having a pain in my hip and down my left leg from a pinched nerve don't help much along with Lupus as well. I'm done for the night :) I'll start on it in the morning.

Glad to hear that you got it straightened out. Just in time for me to lull both of you with my inability to keep up. My two new cards should arrive today. Unfortunately I have outdoor work that must be done this weekend so I don't know that I will get them installed. I need to rearrange my farm to give them room to whip you guys. Next week at the latest. In the mean time, just go to sleep. Nothing is happening here on my end. :muahaha:

Ouch. I don't see that I will catch that. WTF!

I've got to figure out what I can do to hold you off.

Edit. I might *might* be able to match that. I won't have much more though.

Last edited:
Just think, that top slot is with Win 7, just think what it will do with Win 10 (evil grin)

Friday: I modded my Titan X P with an EVGA 1080 AIO kit...down 5 hours.

Sunday: I rebuilt my main system into a Corsair Air 740 case (fantastic case...all of my temps dropped by 10 C!!!)...down 6 hours.

Titan X P is now folding at a GPU clock of 2000 MHz (has room to go on overclock) at 45 C!!!!

Give it a few days...you are doomed!

Friday: I modded my Titan X P with an EVGA 1080 AIO kit...down 5 hours.

Sunday: I rebuilt my main system into a Corsair Air 740 case (fantastic case...all of my temps dropped by 10 C!!!)...down 6 hours.

Titan X P is now folding at a GPU clock of 2000 MHz (has room to go on overclock) at 45 C!!!!

Give it a few days...you are doomed!

We shall see, we shall see :comp:

Well all is a bust for me at the moment. I took out my one 980Ti and installed my two new ones in SLI. When I fold, the system blue screens. I can play Total War Shogun 2 and surf and email and.... but I can't fold. I went through my error logs and found only the most cryptographic errors known to man.

I'm going to go back to basic troubleshooting. I'll run memtest 86+ on the machine tonight. I have two different 16 GB RAM kits installed from different manufactures. That could be a source of trouble.

Well don256us...thanks for sending me this picture...I think the problem is the case...

Broken-PC.jpg

I don't think the motherboard goes there...

man-look-his-broken-pc-e6ycbf.jpg

Back