• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WhiteHawkEQ, JrClocker and don256us.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's my current status. I sent 1 x 980Ti in for RMA and got it back. I just got 2 more RMA's for the other two 980Ti's and will box then ship them this weekend. While I was at it, I tested my stack O' RAM and will RMA 3 kits totaling 40 GB of DDR3 RAM.

The super awesome MB that I bought from fleabay did not work (using known good equipment) so I am in the process of returning that too. I am still on the lookout for a socket 2011 (not v3) WS board to house three of my 5 x 980 Ti's. Once everything is back, I will continue to shop for a MB that fits my needs and will be up and running just in time to scale back for the summer. WOOT!

Oh, and I'm also looking for a socket 1366 WS (Work Station) board so that I can consolidate some gear and save on power/mantenance/etc so I have that to look forward to.

Fold on! :comp:

For what it's worth, congrats on pushing past 900 Million, Don. The bad news is that Whitehawk will push by you soon! :p
Sucks you are having so many problems. My MSI G.E. 980ti has been running at 1440 Mhz for months now with no issues.
I have folded / crunched with ebay 7970 cards at 1200 Mhz+ (massive overclock) with only one go down.
Hope to see you get back up there where you belong!

My main system crashed last night at 3:23 AM according to the Windows event log. No reason for the crash. I lost about 6 hours of production on my 2 Titan X P cards.

The funny thing, is I remember waking up last night at 3:23 AM!

Lol, I guess you have a very deep connection with your computer. Looking at those specs, I would too!

The good news is that my expensive cards will all be back and ready to go before too long. RAM too. The bad news is that my cheap MB's which took out my cards and RAM do not have replacements yet. So I'll have good gear and nothing to run them on. 1st world problems.

Jr. My guess would be that you had a power blip. My nest gear warns me all the time when it happens yet all of my clocks keep time. No flashing 12's if you will.

The good news is that my expensive cards will all be back and ready to go before too long. RAM too. The bad news is that my cheap MB's which took out my cards and RAM do not have replacements yet. So I'll have good gear and nothing to run them on. 1st world problems.

Jr. My guess would be that you had a power blip. My nest gear warns me all the time when it happens yet all of my clocks keep time. No flashing 12's if you will.

No power blip. Each of my PCs runs off a separate UPS. None of the UPS units reported a power blip.

It's weird. I have been watching intently since this happened.

No power blip. Each of my PCs runs off a separate UPS. None of the UPS units reported a power blip.

It's weird. I have been watching intently since this happened.
Then someone in your house has super mental powers. I'd be careful if I were you. I mean that's the only other *reasonable* explanation. Its science.

Then someone in your house has super mental powers. I'd be careful if I were you. I mean that's the only other *reasonable* explanation. Its science.

After further investigation...I think it's the cat with the super mental powers. He likes to sit "co-pilot" when I play Elite Dangerous...and the mysterious outages were on days when I didn't play Elite.

I'll have to pull security camera footage to see if the cat can actually levitate!

After further investigation...I think it's the cat with the super mental powers. He likes to sit "co-pilot" when I play Elite Dangerous...and the mysterious outages were on days when I didn't play Elite.

I'll have to pull security camera footage to see if the cat can actually levitate!

I don't think they levitate but they can jump really high.

I wouldn't check on it at all. Sometimes its just best to not know.

Alright guys. I just pulled the trigger on a busted MB on fleabay. It has a problem that either will not come with the board or that I stand a good chance to fix. It is a "no return" item from South Korea for $125. I intend to put my freshly returned RMA RAM into the board and two of my 980Ti's in it. That should get me back up.

The error is:
'USB device over current status detected will shut down in 15sec'

Some Google checking and the issue is usually related to a physically busted front USB port where the plastic middle is pulled out and the remaining wires are shorted out. Since I am only getting the MB and no case, that problem won't come with it. I had him take pictures of the back mounted USB ports and they look OK. If I find otherwise, I may be able to pull any offending USB bank. If I'm right, I got one hell of a deal on an ASUS P9X79 Pro. If I'm wrong I wasted my money. It's a gamble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112355732013

My new "busted" MB should be in today. If I can make it work, I can get another 980Ti into the fold. Time will tell.

I want to hit the #10 spot before JrClocker passes me. With that in mind, I made the following changes:

I pulled a 7990 and two 280x's from one of my farm machines.
*That doesn't help.
I also pulled a 980Ti from my server.
*That doesn't help either.
I put the 7990 in my server as it only holds one card and is running reguardless of what else it may do.
*That helps a little but only to bring back some prodcution that you just took out.
Then I took the 980Ti and two more just back from RMA and installed all three into my farm machine.
*Ahhhh. That will boost production.
Indeed it will. I also finally got a MB for my main machine that will take two 980Ti's so I added the second 980Ti there. A total of 5 980Ti's in production.
*Will that fend off JrClocker?
Nope. Not a chance in hell but I hope that I can sneak into the #10 spot for at least one update if not longer before he bumps me out. It may be too little too late but by golly, we got 'er goin'.
*Good luck.
Thanks. I appreciate that.
*You're welcome. You know that you're my favorite member of the team don't you?
I didn't but that's really nice of you to say.
*Well I mean it.
Thanks.

I want to hit the #10 spot before JrClocker passes me. With that in mind, I made the following changes:

*That doesn't help.
I put the 7990 in my server as it only holds one card and is running reguardless of what else it may do.
*That helps a little but only to bring back some prodcution that you just took out.
Then I took the 980Ti and two more just back from RMA and installed all three into my farm machine.
Indeed it will. I also finally got a MB for my main machine that will take two 980Ti's so I added the second 980Ti there. A total of 5 980Ti's in production.
Nope. Not a chance in hell but I hope that I can sneak into the #10 spot for at least one update if not longer before he bumps me out. It may be too little too late but by golly, we got 'er goin'.
*Good luck.
*Well I mean it.
Thanks.

"Worry about this one I do" Yoda from whatever StarWars had don256us in it. :D

*That doesn't help.
*Good luck.
*Well I mean it.
Thanks.

Oh oh, he's talking to him self again, better call the guys in white to haul him away :rofl::rofl::chair::escape:

Back