• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compression Fittings vs Barb with Locking ring vs Barbed fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falloutboy

Registered
Okay I am getting closer to my build now but I have noticed that there have been some changes regarding inter connects, while my understanding is that Compression Fittings are for borosilicate and acrylic hard tubes I have noticed that in addition to the regular barbed fittings there seems to be a new player - namely a barbed fitting with a locking ring for soft tubes such as:

Monsoon Free Center Compression Fittings,
EK-ACF Range,
Bitspower BP-BACPF-CC2,

Is anybody using these compression fittings and are they any good?, had any leak issues?

Cheers in advance.

Last edited:
Compression fittings are for flexible tubing originally. The hard tubing fittings are different completely. Back in 2009 compression fittings were kinda new. Hard tubing fittings were not even mentioned.

I think what you have mentioned are just the standard Monsoon compression fittings that have been out for ohh 4-5 years now. All flex tubing compression fittings have a barb-like inside piece. Hard tubing styles do not.

I have been running compression fittings whenever I can. They look cleaner and I have not had a leak issue. this has been running for 4 months or so now.

proxy-php.jpg

proxy-php520.jpg

I run a mix of barbs and compression fittings in my setups and have never had an issue with either. I almost always run a lock ring on my barbs just for my piece of mind.

Thanks for the responses guys Soft tube compression fittings it is - I refer to them as that because of an EK site which shows all three which is here:

https://www.ekwb.com/blog/fittings-and-tubing-guide/

I also presumed and I think quite correctly that you would not attempt to use hard line fittings with soft tube due to the larger OD requirement as without the larger OD soft tube would simply slip out of the connection.

I am hoping that Monsoon bring out their new Free Center collection shortly with the ROG eye laser edged on them and done in red that would look really cool with 12 of them in my new system.

Back