• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Retiring Core15, OpenMM 7.0 on its way to FAH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
Retiring Core15, OpenMM 7.0 on its way to FAH
October 9, 2016 by Vijay Pande ·

OpenMM is our main GPU code, fully open sourced, that drives FAH. OpenMM has its roots in the original FAH GPU code, the first GPU code for molecular dynamics. Core15 represents that very long history and it’s time for us to move on and retire that Core as its code is old and outdated. Unfortunately, that means that some older GPUs (that are not supported by OpenMM) will no longer be supported by FAH.

OpenMM 7.0 has just been released and represents several key advances in speed and science. We’re working to bring this into a new FAH core shortly to continue pushing the envelope of what FAH can do. Look for that core in more extensive testing shortly.

Source

Retiring Core 15? I thought it had been retired a long time ago when my old GTS 450's stoped getting core 15 WU's, that's why I went and got some GTX 1080's and a GTX 980 :).

I'd laugh but you're whooping my @** too much.

Back