• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg now a Chinese company's subsidiary

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I guess once all the job leave america inflation will go up from loans and bankruptcy because all the money will be leaving county for imported goods and no Exports. Folks need to think of it simple like this, It's like the USA is always buying from the neighbor China and China wont let you sell to him anything, USA will run out of money.
Ahhh there it is. The explanation I was looking for. :)

I haven't thought of that. you have valid points.
on that same note, will anybody let America die like that?

Ahhh there it is. The explanation I was looking for. :)

I haven't thought of that. you have valid points.
on that same note, will anybody let America die like that?

Most Americans don't worry about dept and bankruptcy. I don't see any countries bailing us out of are growing national deficit increasing by the second with compounding interest. USA debt clock Link: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Well how are you going to deal with all the hardware manufactured in China that Newegg sold and still sells. That knot is impossible to untangle and separate. Excluding everything Chinese might be possible, but it will greatly limit your choices. I have a Supermicro server board and it's full of Asian parts, some of them coming from China.

This was basically the point I was trying to make, poorly I'll add.

Wow, all you folks assume so much. I guess you want more. More what? Justification? I personally import products from overseas. Yes, no doubt a few from Chinese factories owned by Taiwanese families' subsidiaries. Or German ownership. Even US ownership. I've imported from Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Poland, So. Korea, Taiwan, India, and Turkey.

I absolutely know where my PC parts are made. And most other products that enter my business or home. I absolutely know that there are some products that can be sourced elsewhere. And suffice it to say I'm not setting myself up as self-righteous. No need for me to make myself a pariah.

Ever try to buy shoes made in the U.S.? Only one left that produces for a retail market. The rest are custom shops. Ever buy shoes or boots at a custom shop? Ever try to buy sneakers not made in China? Mine are made in Japan (ASICS). I have shoes from Brazil, Czechoslovakia, Mexico, and Spain. Shirts are from Thailand, India, Nicaraugua, Costa Rica, Mexico, and Egypt.

I could have bought Chinese on virtually all the products listed above. Want more examples? You're missing the point entirely.

Assuming???

Understanding that we are not to go all-in political, I headlined this thread to include the word 'Chinese' completely on purpose. Although Blaylock is partially correct in that we are living in a global something, it isn't society. Communism isn't compatible with Freedom. I personally avoid purchasing products from Communist countries whenever I can determine that fact. It doesn't take very much serious history reading to understand the horrors of that form of savagery.

just a guy willing to deny the enemies of Freedom any aid and comfort when possible.

You are 110% being a hypocrite. How can you sit there and pontificate about the "evils of china" and then go "oh but its ok if its just computer parts". Thats equally absurd as those "occupy wall street" nerds protesting "corporate america" ... "oh but not starbucks, windows, or apple, those are ok".

"dont buy from new egg, because they partially sold themselves to a chinese investment group"

Totally ignoring the fact that newegg is a very large employer of AMERICANS, and using SOMEONE ELSES anecdotal evidence to make your own predications. Pardon me if I find your rhetoric ridiculous, but who are you trying to convince here? You don't get to be a moral authority "when its convenient". Thats REALLY not how it works lol. This is an "all or nothing" thing by the way you're talking (down to us) about it.

And suffice it to say I'm not setting myself up as self-righteous. No need for me to make myself a pariah.

you're failing.

People make the decision where to spend their money for their own reasons. Nobody else has to agree with them. There are places I will not patronize, for my own reasons. It's not because I expect my piddly amount of dollars to change the world. It's doing what I believe is the right thing in my life in accordance with my beliefs. No harm, no foul.

People make the decision where to spend their money for their own reasons. Nobody else has to agree with them. There are places I will not patronize, for my own reasons. It's not because I expect my piddly amount of dollars to change the world. It's doing what I believe is the right thing in my life in accordance with my beliefs. No harm, no foul.

I agree 100% with you and do buy American when possible. I admit to playing a bit of "Devils Advocate" but just to prove that no matter how hard you try, resistance to the Chinese machine is futile.

The only thing that could stop Chin taking over the world is a 3rd world war, with it epicentre in the Pacific.

Regarding history and genocides, I'd like to say that USA foundations are made of 30million native Americans bodies, and that the only country that ever used the atom bomb (twice), is the USA.

Not that I am fond of China, or communism, or any close minded ideology, but it's good to have a glance at his own history before making any judgement on others.

This is absolutely fine. No one is disagreeing with you in that regard mate :)

Regarding history and genocides, I'd like to say that USA foundations are made of 30million native Americans bodies, and that the only country that ever used the atom bomb (twice), is the USA.

Not that I am fond of China, or communism, or any close minded ideology, but it's good to have a glance at his own history before making any judgement on others.

Nobody is squeaky clean man. Regarding the dropping of the bombs,
those two bombs were the best choice of two evils. It could have been much worse.

Operation Downfall ;)

Last edited:
Shoulda left the original post. It's documented history, and it's the truth. ;)

OK, in the interest of fairness. 450,000 Purple Heart medals were made in anticipation of the invasion of Honshu in 1945. Every Purple Heart awarded since then is from that batch. 71 years and 5 wars later, 20,000 of those medals are left. Was nuking Japan glorious and wonderful? Hell no. Was it necessary? Very much so. Losing another 100,000+ Americans to an aggressor nation was not an option. When you poke the big boys you get the big boy response. BTW, there were never 30 million "Native Americans" unless you (rightfully, IMO) include everybody born in America. I'm a Native American, I was born in Philadelphia. Verifying your lineage back to 1776 doesn't give any advantage over being naturalized yesterday. We're all Americans. :)

NewEgg now a Chinese company's subsidiary

I actually thought all along that Newegg was a "Chinese" company, but Wikipedia tells me that:

The company was founded by Fred Chang, a U.S. immigrant from Taiwan, in 2001

So, my bad for not making the distinction between Taiwanese and Chinese. :eek:

I am not judging USA about its history, as Scotty says no country's 100℅ clean. So I believe judgement must be based on the present situation.

If not, what is the meaning of learning from its mistakes?

Edit: that is 30 mililion over 3 centuries.

Last edited:
I am a Native American/American Indian/Indian/whatever the accepted term is these days. At no time in history has our population been 30 million. Estimates range anywhere from some 2 million or so to a high of 18 million pre Eurovasion ;)

I am a Native American/American Indian/Indian/whatever the accepted term is these days. At no time in history has our population been 30 million. Estimates range anywhere from some 2 million or so to a high of 18 million pre Eurovasion ;)

The accepted term is what ever you accept. :)
The Indians got a raw deal and still are getting one.....at least in NY. I patronize the reservation shops pretty much weekly. NY needs to leave the Indians alone. They're just trying to make a living like everyone else is here.

I agree, as I never said the population ever reached 30 millions, but 20 to 30 millions died over 4 centuries thanks to European colons (including the plague brought from the old continent during the 16th century).

Back