• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 1070 being a pain in my butt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

So. this card is INCREDIBLE. But Im having some issues.

System specs (sig out of date)
4790k, stock
z97 extreme6 mobo
pny xclr8 1866 ram, stock
seasonic m12ii evo 620 psu
windows 8.1
gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 1070
QX2710 @ 108hz

Issues :

- CS GO is unplayable for me right now. Im having HORRIBLE input lag with vsync OFF. I've tried everything, but I can not get it to run smoothly.
- if I do disable almost everything via nvidia control panel, then screen tearing is HORRENDOUS. Its literally like a bad VHS tape.

- nvidia ntune BSOD's my computer
- I have like 17 programs to control the card
- temps and stuff are fantastic, card self boosts to 2025mhz!

I am quite unsure how to sort all the issues here, but its driving me bonkers. CSGO is my main game, and its unplayable :-/

Pick 1.
Multiple programs conflict with each other.

thats the thing, I need the gigabyte program to control the effects and power limits, I need ntune to change any parameters, I need gefore experience to control settings for games, and I need nvidia control panel to change the "master" settings if you will.

You could probably use just Nvidia Inspector and the Nv control panel for everything.
The Gig software is probably the culprit.

+1
Nvidia Inspector is a sweet tool.
I also always set "Threaded Optimization" OFF in the Nvidia Control panel. Makes Minecraft run better for me and helps with Warframe sometimes. Might be worth tinkering with.

"Threaded Optimization: This setting controls the use of multithreaded optimization for games on systems with multi-core/HyperThreaded CPUs. In theory, by allowing the driver to offload certain GPU-related processing tasks as separate thread(s) on available CPU cores, performance can be improved.

The available settings are Auto, On and Off. Auto allows the GeForce driver to determine if it applies threaded optimization, On forcibly enables it, and Off disables it. In testing this setting in several games, I saw no performance impact. It should be noted however that none of the games I tested were old enough to have been developed before multi-core CPUs became available to consumers (around 2005). User feedback indicates that some older games, as well as some OpenGL games, will exhibit problems if Threaded Optimization is set to On.

It is recommended that Threaded Optimization be set to Auto under Global Settings. This will allow the driver to determine if and how to use threaded optimization for various games. You can turn this setting Off under the Program Settings tab for particular (typically old) games which have problems at the Auto or On setting."

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_8.html

"Threaded Optimization: This setting controls the use of multithreaded optimization for games on systems with multi-core/HyperThreaded CPUs. In theory, by allowing the driver to offload certain GPU-related processing tasks as separate thread(s) on available CPU cores, performance can be improved.

The available settings are Auto, On and Off. Auto allows the GeForce driver to determine if it applies threaded optimization, On forcibly enables it, and Off disables it. In testing this setting in several games, I saw no performance impact. It should be noted however that none of the games I tested were old enough to have been developed before multi-core CPUs became available to consumers (around 2005). User feedback indicates that some older games, as well as some OpenGL games, will exhibit problems if Threaded Optimization is set to On.

It is recommended that Threaded Optimization be set to Auto under Global Settings. This will allow the driver to determine if and how to use threaded optimization for various games. You can turn this setting Off under the Program Settings tab for particular (typically old) games which have problems at the Auto or On setting."

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_8.html

Yup that's why I set it to "Off" I see no improviment if it is set to "Auto" or "On"

My gigabyte software (whatever the name is) was telling me I was up to date on firmware. After having issues, I contacted gigabyte and it turns out they have new software on thier site that wasn't being detected by the app. Manual update and it works perfect now.
So...check to make sure your app is up to date by looking at the gigabyte website and not the app itself.

upgrading to windows 10 solved my issues.

Jeff -> will check on that, thanks :)

Hmm, i have a lot of driver programs in place (my I/O stuff) so my idle is around 7-8%. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Back