• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Corsair Watercooling for Elite 130 Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GhostalkerBR

hello guys,

First of all thanks for let me join this forum. I'm brazilian so I'm sorry about my poor english.

i just bought a new gamer PC and the components are:
- Intel core i7 6700K;
- Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5 mini ITX MB;
- 2 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LED 3000MHz (16 GB) RAM;
- 1 SSD 256GB SanDisk Z400s;
- 1 2,5" HDD Samsung;
- 1 GTX 970 G1 Gaming;
- 1 PSU Corsair CS650M;
- Cooler Master elite 130 mini ITX Case.

I know this case supports a 120mm RAD on the front side. But suppose I can attach another 120mm RAD on the side near the 80mm fan.

I have two questions:

1 - What do you guys think about the internal air flow generated by 2 X 120mm fans (intake). Do you think it will be ok or will it compromise the watercooling system?
2 - I'll have to use the Corsair HG10 N970 liquid cooling bracket in conjunction with 1 120mm hydro cooler. So what hydro coolers should I buy for both VGA and CPU?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

:welcome: to OCFs!

I believe you're very limited here as from the case mfger's site shows it can only handle a single 120.1 AIO in front. Not sure you can add another one and if you some how can, I don't think the airflow will be sufficient enough.

Welcome GhostalkerBR.

A few years back LVCOYOTE did a really nice review of this case for Overclockers. You can find it here. Like GTXJack said, I highly dount you'll be able to fit another radiator inside this case. You might be able to modify the case and fit one outside if needed, but I've never been much of a fan of that.

Guys thanks for the feedback, in first place my main problem is the heat, this case doesn't have too much room for the hardware to breath.

I use stock coolers and I feel the CPU isn't beeing properly cooled so I suspect the CPU cooler is spreading hot air to the entire case and this is causing the hardware temps to raise above a "confortable" parameter.

That's why I was thinking about 2 WCs. But in this case maybe solving the CPU temp problem I'll lower the remaining hardware temps.

So in case I buy only one 120mm sealed watercooler, is the Corsair 80i V2 or GT will be enough or a cheaper sealed watercooler will be ok?

PS: I did cable management the best I could to avoid wind barriers.

I think the problem here is that the CM 130 Elite just has lousy airflow. Another issue with this is the front is generally an intake as well as the side where the GPU draws in air. There is only an 80mm exhaust fan and to me that's just not enough. Also 2x 120mm coolers will not be enough to cool the CPU and GPU. 2x 120mm could cool one, but not both.

What I would recommend is a different case that will provide adequate airflow and be able to mount the proper cooling for that build. Probably 4x 120mm (2x 240mm). But Jack would be better at recommending proper cooling for that build. There is a link in my sig that can be helpful in finding a good case for your needs.

EDIT: Images added for reference.
cm_elite130-56-300x199.jpg

cm_elite130-59-300x199.jpg

What temps are you getting for your CPU and GPU that raises this concern? Are you throttling? Overclocked?

Need more info before we jump into recommendations other then clean cable management and follow this simple illustration on how you air flow should be in this case since it was exactly designed as so.

elite130-3.jpg

Back