• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a specific Y adapter with tap fitting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falloutboy

Registered
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer out there that makes a Y adapter for tubing that allows an input to be directed to one of two outputs dependent on the position of one or more control leavers?

I am looking at hooking two of these into my system for flushing it out with semi-permanent hose connection barbs on the back of my custom case. I have seen gardening fittings along these lines but would prefer something specific to the computing arena and would prefer one control leaver over two.

Thanks in advance.

The idea was to have two such Y adapters in the system one that runs from the pump to an outlet with the other branch running to another Y adapter which would feed to the reservoir one way and to an external water connection the other way so that when the system was being flushed fresh coolant could be fed in at the same time that used coolant could be flushed out - or for that matter the system could be continuously flushed to ensure any gunk is removed from the equipment at maintenance time. One of those adapters you suggested just lets water flow out where as I was looking at having a permanent connection for inbound and outbound water with the taps being set one way to allow fluid in and out of the system and the other way for the system in normal operation.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking for but built for PC water cooling - not like this clunky great thing.

26412-2698633.jpg

Last edited:
The easiest way to drain a loop is with gravity and a plug in the loop. I'm still not sure what's wrong with that or how your idea would work.

I still fail to see the benefit over a typical drain/fill...

I think the OP is looking for something like this that feeds into this. Have been using this combo for years. Sits at the lowest point of my loop and helps me drain and maintain the loop.

Back