• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble Overclocking with MSI Z170A Gaming M5 + Intel 6600K Processor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Laz322

Registered
NZXT S340 Case
Intel Skylake 6600K
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Motherboard
Crucial 2400 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8 16GB
Cooler Master 212 Hyper LED CPU Cooler.
Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition front intake fans
Two 120mm back and top rear exhaust fans (both 120mm, though I just bought a Cougar CFD14HBR 140mm Ultra Silent Case fan for the top exhaust port of my case that I haven't installed yet).
EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze PSU
OCZ Trion 150 SSD; An old Western Digital Cavair Black 7200rpm 640GB HDD.
Windows 10 Home Edition.

Hello,

I've been having a damned difficult time trying to get a stable overclock with this motherboard (MSI Z170A Gaming M5) and the Intel Skylake 6600K. I know all overclocks are not the same and I understand that results may very depending on differences in hardware/cooling, etc. but I though the 6600K was easy to overclock and at relatively low voltages (I often read of people getting to 4.4Ghz at a Vcore of 1.250v). I haven't been so luck yet and if I don't figure things out by tomorrow I will not be able to replace either the motherboard or the processor (if the fault lies with either one).

My target is 4.3ghz. At first I tried the recommend Vcore of 1.250v (at optimized default in the Bios as a starting point) with XMP disabled (just in case) and all power saving features turned off. I ran Prime95 on Blend and after two runs one of my cores stops working. The best I could do with Intel Burn Test (@4.2ghz) was to pass the standard test, if I tried the next setting up [High] the program would either shut down with a warning message or the computer would freeze up. I pass AIDA64's stability test without a problem, ran a Cinebench CPU benchmark without problems, etc. I've had no luck with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (just for stress testing, not overclocking with it) and my memory passed four hours of the UEFI MemeTest86 without any errors.

Right now I'm at a Vcore of 1.300v in the Bios. I've set an Override Offset of 0.065mv to battle the voltage droop at load. The Ring is at 3900GHz, FCLK is at 1000GHz. The offset brings the Vcore up to 1.368v (though at idle the system Vcore in CPUID is 1.384, but I believe the values are slightly different on how the motherboard steps up each offset I set).

Ideally I'd like to get a lower Vcore at idle and find some way to battle voltage droop during load. I'm already heading towards the voltage limits for this chip (1.450v) and I haven't even got 4.3ghz OC stable!

There are other settings in the Bios dealing with voltage/delivery to the CPU that I do not fully understand and won't touch until I have, at the very least, a basic understanding of their function.

This board doesn't have LLC (Load-line-calibration) which was very surprising since it isn't a budget board and it was marketed for gamers and overclockers. MSI tech support (based out of California) is horrible. The phone "techs" know virtually nothing about the board and say if I want LCC I have to buy the more expensive M7 as they have no plans on ever updating the current Bios to add LLC.

Thanks for reading, I know it was a bit long.

Please help if you can,

-laz.

Do you have Dynamic or Adaptive that will load the Vcore according to CPU load using VID? Is your system stable at stock default Bios? It does not matter how you acquire your peak voltage to run a overclocked CPU some CPU's need more voltage than what you are giving. Start over from stock default Bios setup, then up the clock till it crashes also note the voltage and go from there. It's that easy.

This is my setup passing stress tests. Overclocking 4.5GHz, Vcore 1.236v, Select adaptive +0.075 = 1.272v to 1.332v, My CPU (VID)= realbench 1.226v Prime95 1.283v

Do you have Dynamic or Adaptive that will load the Vcore according to CPU load using VID? Is your system stable at stock default Bios? It does not matter how you acquire your peak voltage to run a overclocked CPU some CPU's need more voltage than what you are giving. Start over from stock default Bios setup, then up the clock till it crashes also note the voltage and go from there. It's that easy.

This is my setup passing stress tests. Overclocking 4.5GHz, Vcore 1.236v, Select adaptive +0.075 = 1.272v to 1.332v, My CPU (VID)= realbench 1.226v Prime95 1.283v

Yes, those options are open to me (Dynamic and Adaptive) but I don't understand the last part of your sentence. What do you mean by "that will load the Vcore according to CPU load using VID". If I could idle as low as my current VID (1.2198v) and have the Vcore rise during load for stability I'd be one happy camper. Yes, the system is stable at stock defaults, also stable under Game Boost even though I never tried to stress test those settings, didn't think it was necessary at the time.

I can start over from "Optimized Defaults", though I'm not sure what the "Stock" defaults were as I installed the MSI software before thinking, which I am sure changed those settings. Maybe the Optimized Defaults are the stock defaults? I've done that already, it isn't that easy in my case. Maybe from what I've just told you you may be able to offer another suggestion?

Thanks for the reply brother,

-laz.

We here overclock in Bios it is much easier, I would also uninstall the overclocking software, then you can set your bios to default first. VID is (Voltage Identification) it is set by Intel at the factory for what the individual CPU will use for voltage. VID tells the VRM (voltage regulator module) what to set the Vcore at at with stock settings and Dynamic also Adaptive. If you want to see the VID also Vcore use HWmonitor.

If you use Dynamic Vcore it will go down to 0.800 at idle then go up to the maximum voltage depending on the stress test. So what I'm saying is the Vcore will go up and down according to CPU load like stock. You should see how your PC voltage works stock first then overclock.

When using Dynamic it is VID + what you enter like +0.075
This is my setup passing stress tests. Overclocking 4.5GHz, VID 1.226v to 1.283v, + Select Dynamic +0.075 = 1.272v to 1.332v. My CPU (VID)= realbench 1.226v Prime95 1.283v
i5 6600K OC 4.5GHz

We here overclock in Bios it is much easier, I would also uninstall the overclocking software, then you can set your bios to default first. VID is (Voltage Identification) it is set by Intel at the factory for what the individual CPU will use for voltage. VID tells the VRM (voltage regulator module) what to set the Vcore at at with stock settings and Dynamic also Adaptive. If you want to see the VID also Vcore use HWmonitor.

If you use Dynamic Vcore it will go down to 0.800 at idle then go up to the maximum voltage depending on the stress test. So what I'm saying is the Vcore will go up and down according to CPU load like stock. You should see how your PC voltage works stock first then overclock.

When using Dynamic it is VID + what you enter like +0.075
This is my setup passing stress tests. Overclocking 4.5GHz, VID 1.226v to 1.283v, + Select Dynamic +0.075 = 1.272v to 1.332v. My CPU (VID)= realbench 1.226v Prime95 1.283v
i5 6600K OC 4.5GHz

I also use the Bios to overclock. I'm not using any overclocking software, though some was loaded onto the system when I installed MSI's software package after building my rig. All of it is disabled except for the MSI version of CPUID.

I'm using these monitoring programs (not necessarily concurrently):

AIDA64Extreme/AIDA CPUID
MSI CPUID
Core Temp
Real Temp
HWmoniter :)D)

Stress testing:

IBT (Intel Burn Test)
Prime 95
AIDA System Stability Test
Intel XTU Stress Test

I did watch the voltage at stock and it was set dynamically, along with all of the power saving features enabled in the Bios by default. I only used the MSI Game Boost feature once (just to check voltage and other readings) and the Vcore was unusually high @1.420v or there abouts, too high I would think, after checking out the average results people are getting overclocking the 6600K. The common voltage people use for a 4.4GHz on the 6600K is roughly 1.250v-1.300v, according to what I have read online.

I'm using Adaptive right now (just a quick test to take a look at voltages and stuff and I'm at 1.360v and the VID matches it exactly (first time that ever happened).

I'll definitely try Dynamic with those offsets and see what I come up with.

As for the software, I did uninstall it and the only option open to me in the Bios is Optimized Defaults. There are no plain-Jane settings that I am aware of? I could snap a screenshot for you so you can take a look at what I'm seeing?

Thank you for the response brother,

-laz

P.S. to Wongman99,

When I did my first overclocks with this setup I disabled XMP, Turbo settings, C-State, etc. Should I enable those settings following your directions using the Dynamic mode? Should I set the cores to "all" or should I do them individually? At stock 3.5GHz the speed goes anywhere from 0.800MHz to 3.600GHZ because the Turbo setting in the Bios is enabled. I'm just curious if you want me to try your settings with those options enabled? On the other hand, choosing Dynamic may change some of those settings automatically.

Last edited:
NZXT S340 Case
Intel Skylake 6600K
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Motherboard
Crucial 2400 Ballistix Sport LT 2x8 16GB
Cooler Master 212 Hyper LED CPU Cooler.
Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition front intake fans
Two 120mm back and top rear exhaust fans (both 120mm, though I just bought a Cougar CFD14HBR 140mm Ultra Silent Case fan for the top exhaust port of my case that I haven't installed yet).
EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze PSU
OCZ Trion 150 SSD; An old Western Digital Cavair Black 7200rpm 640GB HDD.
Windows 10 Home Edition.

Hello,

I've been having a damned difficult time trying to get a stable overclock with this motherboard (MSI Z170A Gaming M5) and the Intel Skylake 6600K. I know all overclocks are not the same and I understand that results may very depending on differences in hardware/cooling, etc. but I though the 6600K was easy to overclock and at relatively low voltages (I often read of people getting to 4.4Ghz at a Vcore of 1.250v). I haven't been so luck yet and if I don't figure things out by tomorrow I will not be able to replace either the motherboard or the processor (if the fault lies with either one).

My target is 4.3ghz. At first I tried the recommend Vcore of 1.250v (at optimized default in the Bios as a starting point) with XMP disabled (just in case) and all power saving features turned off. I ran Prime95 on Blend and after two runs one of my cores stops working. The best I could do with Intel Burn Test (@4.2ghz) was to pass the standard test, if I tried the next setting up [High] the program would either shut down with a warning message or the computer would freeze up. I pass AIDA64's stability test without a problem, ran a Cinebench CPU benchmark without problems, etc. I've had no luck with Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility (just for stress testing, not overclocking with it) and my memory passed four hours of the UEFI MemeTest86 without any errors.

Right now I'm at a Vcore of 1.300v in the Bios. I've set an Override Offset of 0.065mv to battle the voltage droop at load. The Ring is at 3900GHz, FCLK is at 1000GHz. The offset brings the Vcore up to 1.368v (though at idle the system Vcore in CPUID is 1.384, but I believe the values are slightly different on how the motherboard steps up each offset I set).

Ideally I'd like to get a lower Vcore at idle and find some way to battle voltage droop during load. I'm already heading towards the voltage limits for this chip (1.450v) and I haven't even got 4.3ghz OC stable!

There are other settings in the Bios dealing with voltage/delivery to the CPU that I do not fully understand and won't touch until I have, at the very least, a basic understanding of their function.

This board doesn't have LLC (Load-line-calibration) which was very surprising since it isn't a budget board and it was marketed for gamers and overclockers. MSI tech support (based out of California) is horrible. The phone "techs" know virtually nothing about the board and say if I want LCC I have to buy the more expensive M7 as they have no plans on ever updating the current Bios to add LLC.

Thanks for reading, I know it was a bit long.

Please help if you can,

-laz.

I hope that was a typo.

Laz, what are your package temps like when you stress test? The cooler you have should be adequate for your goal but if it's not seated correctly and not making good contact with the CPU then temps could be the culprit.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think you do want the turbo and C states enabled. You may also need to give your Ring and your memory controller (System Agent?) a little bump in voltage even though you may not be overclocking those components per se. They still have to interact with the higher speed of the overclocked cores.

I hope that was a typo.

Laz, what are your package temps like when you stress test? The cooler you have should be adequate for your goal but if it's not seated correctly and not making good contact with the CPU then temps could be the culprit.

If my memory serves me correctly, I think you do want the turbo and C states enabled. You may also need to give your Ring and your memory controller (System Agent?) a little bump in voltage even though you may not be overclocking those components per se. They still have to interact with the higher speed of the overclocked cores.

Hey Trent,

Yeah, I think I meant 1000MHz? I'll double check to make sure.

I changed a few things in the Bios to see what would happen while leaving the Vcore alone for the time being (The Vcore is set rather high, I think it is at 1.340v) I plan lowering it next time I'm in the Bios which will be in the next few minutes).

I set the cores to Dynamic (which cycles the cores between 0.800 - and whatever the highest multiplier in the Bios is set to, in my case it is right at 42).

I set the Voltage mode to Adaptive (no offset yet).

By enabling Dynamic for the cores the Bios automatically turns on Turbo and that EIST setting.

I passed the standard test in IBT but failed Prime95 on blended. Here is the error message I got from prime:

Fatal Error: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Torture Test completed 2 tests in 3 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
Worker stopped.

This always happens on Core#2 (or core#1 when Core Temp sets the first core as #0).

I plan on lowering the voltage and using Adaptive Offset+ so when I'm stress testing I'll get less voltage droop.

Any ideas or advice?

Before this overclocking attempt I tried to set the Ring to one setting below my multiplier but it never really worked out. By default it is set at 3900GHz. Right now XMP is off but I was thinking about turning it on. On the other hand it isn't advisable to make a lot of changes at once, especially when problems are occurring. So I guess I'll wait on some advice or I'll just make the two voltage/offset changes.

Thank you,

-laz.

I think you meant 100 mhz not 1000 mhz for the FLCK which I assume is the same as what we usually call BLCK or basic clock.

Something is wrong. For the very modest overclock you are attempting you should not need nearly that much voltage.

Is the CPU stable at stock settings when you stress test? I would try putting everything back to default and do some stress testing. If it passes, then change only the core speed multiplier in small increments and retest. When you start to get errors or blue screens, add a small increment of voltage to the cores. Retest.

What about temps?

Last edited:
I think you meant 100 mhz not 1000 mhz for the FLCK which I assume is the same as what we usually call BLCK or basic clock.

Something is wrong. For the very modest overclock you are attempting you should not need nearly that much voltage.

Is the CPU stable at stock settings when you stress test? I would try putting everything back to default and do some stress testing. If it passes, then change only the core speed multiplier in small increments and retest. When you start to get errors or blue screens, add a small increment of voltage to the cores. Retest.

What about temps?

Hello Trent,

No, the BCLK is at 100. The FCLK is different, settings tend to go from 400MHz-1000MHz. I agree with you, something is surely wrong but I can't seem to figure it out. I've already reset the Bios to Optimized Defaults (which is how the Bios was before I ever touched a single setting) and ran those stress tests and passed them without any problems. I've also reset to Optimized Defaults and just slowly increased the Vcore like you mentioned, still got the same results at a modest 4.4GHz overclock. I never got it to pass Prime95 but it did pass the Standard IBT Stress test.

Regardless, I will revert to the Optimized Defaults and run some tests at the chip's native speed (3.5GHz) with all energy setting enabled (which is what the default settings do) and run IBT and Prime95.

I often run the render test from Cinebench to get a rough idea of how stable things are before using IBT or Prime95. If the processor freezes during Cinebench there's no way it will pass IBT or Prime95.

Temps have been good since I changed some settings and lowered the Vcore (1.270v). Before that with Vcore pumped up to 1.38v my highest Temps were 85c for literally only a few seconds on a single core and an average of maybe 73c on IBT Torture Test. I'm pretty damn sure I did a fine job mounting my cooler but hey, we all make mistakes. I just don't think the problem lies with a bad CPU Cooler install. I used Arctic Silver 5 on the CPU/Cooler heat sink so I'm not using sub-par thermal paste.

Thanks Trent.

No, you would not be able to run vcore of 1.38 without some major temp problems, even on a pretty good water cooling system.

What is stock vcore? 1.27 still seems high. I have a 4790k running stress test stable at 4.8 on 1.24 vcore. Granted, it is an unusually good chip but still . . .

Doesn't seem like you won the silicon lottery with this CPU. The bite is that Intel makes these overclockable "k" CPUs but they don't guarantee they will overclock and there is no refund if they will not.

No, you would not be able to run vcore of 1.38 without some major temp problems, even on a pretty good water cooling system.

What is stock vcore? 1.27 still seems high. I have a 4790k running stress test stable at 4.8 on 1.24 vcore. Granted, it is an unusually good chip but still . . .

Doesn't seem like you won the silicon lottery with this CPU. The bite is that Intel makes these overclockable "k" CPUs but they don't guarantee they will overclock and there is no refund if they will not.

Hey Trent, seemingly some good news and some hope,

I reset the Bios again to Optimized Defaults and changed the multiplier from 35 to 40 and touched nothing else, not even the CPU voltage. I ran Prime95 for 15 minutes and passed all of the blend tests. Temperature was good (never went past 70c with an average of 63c-67c) and in CPUID the voltage didn't droop, it increased under load! At load the Vcore was rock steady at 1.240v and at idle it was something like 0.840 and would fluctuate to maybe 1.104 or so. Temps at idle are 21c across the board with my browser open.

Maybe I didn't loose the Silicon Lottery after all? Maybe it was just some setting I messed with that threw the whole overclock off and each time I changed something else it compounded the problem? Maybe I'm getting to happy to quickly?

I'm going to try raising the multiplier to 41 and see what happens. I'm going to leave the voltage alone also. I did notice that XMP was disabled. I'm not touching that until I get to a stable 4.3GHz. I'm going to save the current Bios settings, just in case.

Do you think my temps were acceptable?

-laz.

Okay Trent,

Raised the multiplier up to 41 and booted into windows. Ran Prime95 Blend test and it went on for ten minutes and reported a failure on core#2. This isn't great news but it isn't horrible either. My other overclocks, all of them, never made it past the second pass in Prime95, or didn't last for more then two minutes.

My next step will be to increase the Voltage.

Here's the kicker: Under load during Prime 95 the average temps were about 58c-59c with a Max Temp of 71c this go round (literally for maybe 1/10th of a second). Under load CPUID showed an an average Vcore of 1.248v. Remember though, the Vcore in the Bios is set to auto and in the Bios Overview Screen, it shows a Vcore of 1.290. This seems to be a max limit because during testing in windows it never goes above 1.250v under load and at idle it fluctuates anywhere from 0.795v-1.1060v (because in optimized defaults I'm sure the CPU is set to "Dynamic").

So...I guess I go into the Bios and take CPU voltage off of auto? Then change the value to a Vcore of 1.2950v? In small increments until it passes Prime95 again?

Thanks for helping me out Trent,

-laz.

Do you have the latest bios version installed? If not I would go to MSI's website and get it. Seems like your bios may be a bit wonky. Temps seem fine. Anything up to 85c or so is not worry and even a little higher than that for short periods is not a problem. I think the thermal throttle temp threshold is like 100c.

Yes, take CPU voltage off auto. Auto generally works up to a certain point then poops out.

The voltages section in HWMonitor is helpful in seeing the impact of changes made to various parameters and in sorting out how offset/adapative/dynamic works with your motherboard. Different manufacturers implement these things differently.

Attachments

• HWMonitor.PNG
    HWMonitor.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 3,078
Last edited:
Oh, just realized you have a 6600k not a 6700k. So an i5 skylake, not an i7. Still, most people are able to get to 4.4 without much problem on those I think but not a lot above that. However, that is a generality. Your's may not do that.

Right on, I hope I can get to at least 4.3 (I would be really happy at 4.4GHz) if I do I'll be content. I passed Prime95 after raising the voltage by 0.050v. The voltage is now at 1.29v in the Bios. In windows I noticed something a bit odd. Remember I told you at idle I never saw the VID raise to more the approximately 1.160v? Now, when I watch the processors step or cycle (0.800MHz-1.1060v) and I see 3.5GHz the VID changes to 1.2980v, higher then it is at 4.1GHz, strange. At idle my temps are 20c (my basement is cold right now) and CPUID shows a core voltage of 1.304v.

The Bios this board came with was put out in September and is 1.A0. Last week I did a auto-scan and a new Bios was available (1.B0). I downloaded it but did not flash my Bios yet. Reason being, I went back and 1.B0 had disappeared for some reason? Now I believe it is back up. I'll check and make sure it's solid and I'll talk with MSI about the update, what it covers ,etc.

Thanks Trent.

P.S.,

I enabled XMP and no problems to report yet. I'd like to tighten up the timings after I find the overclock limit on this chip.

I also use the Bios to overclock. I'm not using any overclocking software, though some was loaded onto the system when I installed MSI's software package after building my rig. All of it is disabled except for the MSI version of CPUID.

I'm using these monitoring programs (not necessarily concurrently):

AIDA64Extreme/AIDA CPUID
MSI CPUID
Core Temp
Real Temp
HWmoniter :)D)

Stress testing:

IBT (Intel Burn Test)
Prime 95
AIDA System Stability Test
Intel XTU Stress Test

I did watch the voltage at stock and it was set dynamically, along with all of the power saving features enabled in the Bios by default. I only used the MSI Game Boost feature once (just to check voltage and other readings) and the Vcore was unusually high @1.420v or there abouts, too high I would think, after checking out the average results people are getting overclocking the 6600K. The common voltage people use for a 4.4GHz on the 6600K is roughly 1.250v-1.300v, according to what I have read online.

I'm using Adaptive right now (just a quick test to take a look at voltages and stuff and I'm at 1.360v and the VID matches it exactly (first time that ever happened).

I'll definitely try Dynamic with those offsets and see what I come up with.

As for the software, I did uninstall it and the only option open to me in the Bios is Optimized Defaults. There are no plain-Jane settings that I am aware of? I could snap a screenshot for you so you can take a look at what I'm seeing?

Thank you for the response brother,

-laz

P.S. to Wongman99,

When I did my first overclocks with this setup I disabled XMP, Turbo settings, C-State, etc. Should I enable those settings following your directions using the Dynamic mode? Should I set the cores to "all" or should I do them individually? At stock 3.5GHz the speed goes anywhere from 0.800MHz to 3.600GHZ because the Turbo setting in the Bios is enabled. I'm just curious if you want me to try your settings with those options enabled? On the other hand, choosing Dynamic may change some of those settings automatically.
When the clock goes from 800MHz to 3600MHz and voltage goes up and down that is called speed step for power savings, it varies with CPU load, when Dynamic overclocking is used it will do the same according to CPU load.

I've seen folks have a hard time overclocking with low voltage, the last person I help needed 1.35v for 4.5GHz running AIDA System Stability Test. Overcloking varies a lot from CPU to CPU also stress testing programs.

All you need to do is set Optimized Defaults then up the multiplier till it crashes then increase the Dynamic Vcore till stable with stress testing or it won't go any further and you have to back off on the overclock, When you go beyond what Intel specified the CPU to run at it might not make it, that's called overclocking. With stress testing you can go up to 90c and Vcore 1.44v. If you just follow what I said all the power saving features will be on by default also less wear on the CPU that you want.

Here is Silicon Lottery https://siliconlottery.com/collections/lga-1151/products/6700k46g

As of 10/11/16, the top 95% of tested 6700Ks were able to hit 4.6GHz or greater. For $ 319.99
Passed the ROG RealBench stress test for one hour with these settings:

46x CPU Multiplier
1.392V CPU VCORE (Or less)

Post back what your VID and Vcore is for passing Prime95? My Vcore maximum is 1.339v for passing Prime95 yours may vary.

Intel is going to use their best silicon on the i7s. The i5s will get the next best cut.

Right on, I hope I can get to at least 4.3 (I would be really happy at 4.4GHz) if I do I'll be content. I passed Prime95 after raising the voltage by 0.050v. The voltage is now at 1.29v in the Bios. In windows I noticed something a bit odd. Remember I told you at idle I never saw the VID raise to more the approximately 1.160v? Now, when I watch the processors step or cycle (0.800MHz-1.1060v) and I see 3.5GHz the VID changes to 1.2980v, higher then it is at 4.1GHz, strange. At idle my temps are 20c (my basement is cold right now) and CPUID shows a core voltage of 1.304v.

The Bios this board came with was put out in September and is 1.A0. Last week I did a auto-scan and a new Bios was available (1.B0). I downloaded it but did not flash my Bios yet. Reason being, I went back and 1.B0 had disappeared for some reason? Now I believe it is back up. I'll check and make sure it's solid and I'll talk with MSI about the update, what it covers ,etc.

Thanks Trent.

P.S.,

I enabled XMP and no problems to report yet. I'd like to tighten up the timings after I find the overclock limit on this chip.

VID is calibrated by Intel and does not change according to your CPU however it does change the Core voltage according to load with default settings and Dynamic overclocking. The higher the VID the more voltage your CPU needs compared to mine for the same clock running the same stress test.

If you vary the load the VID will go up and down even though the clock does not. However there is a Maximum VID for every CPU calibrated by Intel, mine is (VID)= realbench 1.226v Prime95 1.283v at 4.5GHz i5 6600k.

If you have any other questions just ask.

Back