• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 1 PC graphics benchmark review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Up-to 2560x1440 a GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 470/480 will hold ground perfectly at over 60 FPS. The difference in-between DX11 and DX12 seems to be trivial with DX11 being a slight notch faster." - the game seems well coded but... would like to see reviews in 4c/4t and 4c/8t to see the differences.

EDIT: then again it might be this is a GPU intensive game so core count doesn't really matter -

Last edited:
It's a gpu intensive game...

See battlefront review (since it's the same game but reskinned for all intents and purposes) from techspot. :)

Last edited:
So, I'm reading this as AMD is still no longer relevant? lol

nah just saying cpu doesnt effect the game much. dat dx12 doe. should give weaker cpu's a little better performance than dx11 counterparts.

Wasn't the premise when dx12 was announced that it would help "older" hardware much more then newer ?

I would assume by "older" they mean really older like 2-4 gens ago ? 2+ cores ?

By our standards yes, but a lot of people still rock older setups like Athlons, Phenoms and the Intel equivalent, wouldn't be surprised if the gains were much higher because the CPU theoretically stops being the bottleneck. Trying to find the 1st reports i read about dx12 :p

Yes, older hardware. While teh AMD FX is 'older' that isn't what they are talking about. We are talking past gen CPUs and systems where it could make the most difference. :)

Yep, cant find the damned report but from what i remember the idea was since dx12 "eliminates" CPU bottlenecking on older hardware you keep it for longer while rocking more FPS = money savings. Sorta like Mantle i guess ?

2500k @ 4.5ghz and 980ti runs the game like butter at 1440p. I get around 80 FPS. I am baffled by how good this game looks yet runs so well. May keep my 2500k for another year after all.

WHy only we talk about Amd and Nvidia . An`t there any other brands of video card

Nobody else makes gaming cards. There used to be tons of different 3D accelerators from tons of different companies with tons of different designs. The only two remaining in the GPU wars are AMD (formerly ATi) and NVidia.
Intel also makes graphics solutions but these are integrated into CPUs and their performance could hardly be considered enthusiast-class. Nobody's playing Battlefield 1 on those things with anything near good performance.

Back