• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New pc. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrex86

Hi!

I just got my new computer:

ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10, S-2011-3
Intel Core i7-6850K Prosessor
Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (2x8) x4
Intel® SSD 600p Series 256GB PCIe M.2
NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler

And it is abit slow and some programs crashes, like Utorrent is slow and "not responding" from time to time, Battle.net app crashes some times and other stuff.
ive gotten BSOD a two times, but not in while now, with code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION... MEMTEST86 crashes at Test 2 at 16% after 15 sec's but this is proven to be a bios problem on every motherboards of this kind, And yes ive tryed MEMTEST86 both with the bios ver that the motherboard comes with and with the newest one. But ive only tryed Prime95 with the newest bios 1003. So when i use Prime95 it tells me:

[Fri Oct 21 23:40:45 2016]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:45:52 2016]
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:50:54 2016]
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4997493725, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:56:05 2016]
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4976275085, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:01:25 2016]
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 672K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:07:21 2016]
Self-test 672K passed!
Self-test 672K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:13:26 2016]
Self-test 768K passed!
Self-test 768K passed!
Self-test 24K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:18:56 2016]
Self-test 24K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4980119206, expected less than 0.4
FATAL ERROR: Final result was 00000000, expected: 37F5DF1E.

When i first installed the watercooling system, i used a 115x socket bracket. I didnt think, but it fitted, but i had to punch holes in the screwhole thru a black plastic surface in order to screw the cooler on, wich on the MoBo's user manual shows if u use a stock fan on the cpu shows that its supposed to go thru the motherboard. Also the copper surface on the cpu cooler didnt connect properly to the cpu. I started the pc two times for 5 mins and then i noticed it and fixed it, installed the right screws (no barcket on 2011 sockets)

Can anyone explain to me what is happening here? When i used MEMTEST86 i tryed to take out the memory two by two in order to try and get the program to work but with no luck. Thats when i read that this is a bios problem they are currently trying to fix. Also i OC'ed the ram to 3200 mhz since it downgrades it to 2133 mhz originally.

Last edited:
Are you running these test with the RAM at stock settings or with xmp enabled?

He also has 4 kits of 2x8 ram. Add a bit of ring,SA and IO voltage that might help.

So its my ram that is the problem? Not the cpu?

Im using at Stock setting with clocking it to 3200 mhz. When i use XMB it automaticly clocks it to 3200mhz, but after i use the computer for a while and i do a restart the bios tells me: Overclocking failed, please run setup.

I havent tryed to take out the ram two at the time yet after i installed Prime95... I just had this feeling that it was the cpu that was the problem.
Tho i really was hoping for the ram to be the problem, much easier to exchange :)

What am i to do? Should i take out two ram bricks and do the Prime95 test again untill the error dissapears? And you are sure it is the ram that is the problem here?

Last edited:
Hi!

I just got my new computer:

ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10, S-2011-3
Intel Core i7-6850K Prosessor
Corsair Dominator DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (2x8) x4
Intel® SSD 600p Series 256GB PCIe M.2
NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler

And it is abit slow and some programs crashes, like Utorrent is slow and "not responding" from time to time, Battle.net app crashes some times and other stuff.
ive gotten BSOD a two times, but not in while now, with code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION... MEMTEST86 crashes at Test 2 at 16% after 15 sec's but this is proven to be a bios problem on every motherboards of this kind, And yes ive tryed MEMTEST86 both with the bios ver that the motherboard comes with and with the newest one. But ive only tryed Prime95 with the newest bios 1003. So when i use Prime95 it tells me:

[Fri Oct 21 23:40:45 2016]
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 448K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:45:52 2016]
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 8K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:50:54 2016]
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 512K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4997493725, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
[Fri Oct 21 23:56:05 2016]
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4976275085, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 12K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
Self-test 576K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:01:25 2016]
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 16K passed!
Self-test 672K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:07:21 2016]
Self-test 672K passed!
Self-test 672K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
Self-test 20K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:13:26 2016]
Self-test 768K passed!
Self-test 768K passed!
Self-test 24K passed!
[Sat Oct 22 00:18:56 2016]
Self-test 24K passed!
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4980119206, expected less than 0.4
FATAL ERROR: Final result was 00000000, expected: 37F5DF1E.

When i first installed the watercooling system, i used a 115x socket bracket. I didnt think, but it fitted, but i had to punch holes in the screwhole thru a black plastic surface in order to screw the cooler on, wich on the MoBo's user manual shows if u use a stock fan on the cpu shows that its supposed to go thru the motherboard. Also the copper surface on the cpu cooler didnt connect properly to the cpu. I started the pc two times for 5 mins and then i noticed it and fixed it, installed the right screws (no barcket on 2011 sockets)

Can anyone explain to me what is happening here? When i used MEMTEST86 i tryed to take out the memory two by two in order to try and get the program to work but with no luck. Thats when i read that this is a bios problem they are currently trying to fix. Also i OC'ed the ram to 3200 mhz since it downgrades it to 2133 mhz originally.

Prime95 erroring out and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs are classic signs of core instability... Usually because of not enough Vcore or the core frequency too high.

Are you running these test with the RAM at stock settings or with xmp enabled?

Im using at Stock setting with clocking it to 3200 mhz. When i use XMB it automaticly clocks it to 3200mhz, but after i use the computer for a while and i do a restart the bios tells me: Overclocking failed, please run setup. This also happened wit stock setting with OC to 3200 mhz on the ram. Ive now tryed to remoce all the ram except 1, and i also tryed to change the ram to a diffrent ram slot. Still the same problem. So it shoudlnt be the ram that is the problem here.

- - - Updated - - -

Prime95 erroring out and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs are classic signs of core instability... Usually because of not enough Vcore or the core frequency too high.

Everything is now factory set and i still have problems. Its not the ram, ive tryed now to take all the ram out except for 1. And ive tryed to change the ram ports, and diffrent rams.

I just got like 6-8 BOSD's in a row where there was 3 diffrent errors. One was DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and one was PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and the third i cant remember...

So its a faulty CPU? Or faulty MoBo? I dont thrust this cpu installing tool bracket that i had to put the cpu in in order to lay the cpu on the MoBo... Like if the cpu isnt compleetly connected to the MoBo, could that be a problem? Since the Installing tool bracket is on i cant really see if the cpu is compleetly in place... Should i remove it?

Oh and i also get an error on factory set were it says: CPU fan is not working, please enter setup.
So i have to go into the bios and set the cpu fan to ignore in the monitor tab in order to enter windows... Could this have something to do with the problem? The cpu is at about 25-35 celsius and i can hear the water pump going... Ive also tryed to connect the watercooling pump (3 pin fan connector) to the 4 pin water pump connector on the MoBo... Still same problem... The very first time i turned on the computer the CPU fan read 800+ rpm, but now it reads N/A

My PSU is a Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000 1000W ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Modular, 6x 6+2pin PCIe, 9x SATA, 135mm, and its about 5 years old.

Last edited:
Where to start....

1. Cpu fan is just telling you there isn't a fan plugged into the cpu fan header.. disable... and it has nothing to do with your issue.

2. Try repeating the processor. I've never used their included tool. Also check for bent pins in the socket when you reseat it.

3. Did you add system agent and I voltage like Johan asked earlier?

Where to start....

1. Cpu fan is just telling you there isn't a fan plugged into the cpu fan header.. disable... and it has nothing to do with your issue.

2. Try repeating the processor. I've never used their included tool. Also check for bent pins in the socket when you reseat it.

3. Did you add system agent and I voltage like Johan asked earlier?

Removed the installing tool now, and still same problem. There was no bent pins on the motherboard socket. And no i havent tryed system agen or io voltage... What should i set it to? its currently on PCH I/O Voltage 1.500V (Auto) and the button is locked so i cant change it. And CPU System Agent Voltage is set to 0.880v (Auto) and it is also locked

Some of this has been covered already. That there are errors in small FFT in prime95 suggests it is the CPU, so I'd set ram to 2133 while that is diagnosed. What kinda CPU voltage and temps do you see while prime95 is running? This will vary depending on small or large FFTs. Also check what clock as that could give a clue.

Some of this has been covered already. That there are errors in small FFT in prime95 suggests it is the CPU, so I'd set ram to 2133 while that is diagnosed. What kinda CPU voltage and temps do you see while prime95 is running? This will vary depending on small or large FFTs. Also check what clock as that could give a clue.

Ram is set to 2133 (by default). How do i check the Voltage while Prime95 is running? Temp is 50C - 60C while Prime95 is running. And about 25C - 30C when it is not running. Everything is set by default. I have not clocked the cpu, or any components, at all.

Just found the Voltage, im using NZXT's app CAM, and it tells me the CPU voltage is 1,22 V

Last edited:
I do a stock run and take photos (msart-phone) from Hardware Info and GPU-Z so I know what the voltages/temps etc I hit. If you think you have faulty components that would be the way to go. I overclock one thing at a time CPU - Multiplier, FSB etc... RAM then videocard. Keep everything else at stock or down-clocked. Structured and methodical. Benchmark using the loads and applications you will run and cover off any extremes you are LIKELY to encounter. Someone people used to RUN Intel TAT to test for stability:cool: All I can think is these people must be putting nuclear bunkers in their cellars...

I would set memory to 2666 15-15-15 1.35V and check if then all is stable. If it's ok then set VCCSA at 1.05V and memory at 3200 with timings from XMP and set 1.35V memory voltage manually.
Also check if your memory has the same numbers including rev. Corsair is releasing the same kits on different IC so also a bit different XMP profiles.

I would set memory to 2666 15-15-15 1.35V and check if then all is stable. If it's ok then set VCCSA at 1.05V and memory at 3200 with timings from XMP and set 1.35V memory voltage manually.
Also check if your memory has the same numbers including rev. Corsair is releasing the same kits on different IC so also a bit different XMP profiles.

The RAM is not the issue here, and the numbers match. XMP profile wont let me past the bios since it tells me "Overcloking failed, please enter setup"

It shouldnt be neccesary for me to overclock the computer in order for it to work, if it doesnt work on default settings then something is wrong with the components. Ive been in contact with a technician and he, like me, meant it was the CPU or Motherboard that is faulty. So he urged me to return the computer and get my money back. Then reorder to get a new one. And so i will first thing tomorrow.

The RAM is not the issue here, and the numbers match. XMP profile wont let me past the bios since it tells me "Overcloking failed, please enter setup"

It shouldnt be neccesary for me to overclock the computer in order for it to work, if it doesnt work on default settings then something is wrong with the components. Ive been in contact with a technician and he, like me, meant it was the CPU or Motherboard that is faulty. So he urged me to return the computer and get my money back. Then reorder to get a new one. And so i will first thing tomorrow.

Hence why I said do your benchmarking at stock first , it will highlight malfunctioning parts and any underlying issues such poor airflow in your case. You can then see if it's worth overclocking, in previous build I had factor in the cost of a new case and couple of fans so the overclocking was no longer a 'free' upgrade. This time I bought Noctua NH-D15, higher class PSU, and with the specific idea of overclocking so it was never a free performance bump to start of this time but it's off-set with quieter a requirement as opposed to sounding like Harrier jump-jet about to do a vertical take-off...

Back