• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which ram speed should i buy for asus rog maximus VIII hero?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nobody gave out the wrong information... we all asked, are surprised, and in disbelief. I also don't see where it directly states that using the xmp profile will void your warranty. It is an extrapolation off cpu overclocking as far as I can read.

I'm in shock because they gladly rma'd 2 of my cpus and knew , because they asked and I told them what my memory speed was running at (xmp), I was overclocked. During troubleshooting, they mentioned I was running it out of spec and to turn it down... I did... cpu was still bad... they rma'd.... again, twice. I wonder why they did that?

So, you are telling us they refused to take your 2500k because the memory was running xmp??

Last edited:
Worth a double post. I just called Intel and asked specifically, "If I run an XMP profile that is over the intel speed specification, for example ddr4 3000, will that void my warranty?" He stated, "No".

He then referred me of the intel page you linked above for details. I proceeded to say what you are seeing on that page (overclocking voids the warranty), and without prompting, he stated that was for the cpu speed, not memory. He went on saying if voltages were adjusted manually or xmp voltage ran things out of intel's voltage spec, it would not be under warranty.

Screenshot_20161025-011403.png

Edit: looks like you rma'd your 2500k because it died 'binning' it for cpu speed (said you had it for 10 mins)...nothing to do with memory.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...arranty-void?p=7202268&viewfull=1#post7202268ö

Last edited:
Speaking from experience Intel's RMA is pretty painless.

Worth a double post. I just called Intel and asked specifically, "If I run an XMP profile that is over the intel speed specification, for example ddr4 3000, will that void my warranty?" He stated, "No".

He then referred me of the intel page you linked above for details. I proceeded to say what you are seeing on that page (overclocking voids the warranty), and without prompting, he stated that was for the cpu speed, not memory. He went on saying if voltages were adjusted manually or xmp voltage ran things out of intel's voltage spec, it would not be under warranty.

Edit: looks like you rma'd your 2500k because it died 'binning' it for cpu speed (said you had it for 10 mins)...nothing to do with memory.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...arranty-void?p=7202268&viewfull=1#post7202268ö

The specifications he asked me about was memory, he did not ask me about overclocking the CPU or memory, he just said the memory voids the warranty. He almost did not let me RMA CPU, after a long time trying to explain the memory he said this one time only.

You must be extremely lucky, I have called 3 times about this subject and received the same answer overclocking the memory Voids the standard warranty.

I've RMA'ed 4 Intel CPU's and 3 were painless.

Back