• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Anybody buy from Galax online?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

I can not seem to be able to buy a graphics card from Galax. I've bought a few things(!) online and thought I was familiar with the process, but Galax is just not working for me. They seem to be tied to paypal, but have a credit card option. Every time I fill out the required fields and click "continue" the page dims and acts like it's doing something and then pops back up blank. I've never had such a hard time spending money that I actually have in my life. I've been chasing this particular card for a while and this is driving me nuts. Admittedly a short drive, but still... Am I missing something? Is there a secret handshake? Am I just not "HOF material"? :screwy:

Last edited:
As was said in your other thread, recent DDOS attacks are likely the issue. This would explain the 503 error Luta is getting also.

Got an email from Galax asking if there was a problem because I didn't complete my order, and did I want to do so now. I did and it worked. GTX 1070 HOF on the way. :)

Since I'm a FNG with Team Green, does anyone have a software suggestion for the new card? I'm off to South Carolina next month for 10 days, but I'll probably try to OC it to Galax's HOF Limited Edition specs before I go.

I loved AB with my previous AMD card. It gave me the voltage control I needed to fix the black screen issues (R7 260x). I would have used it for the RX 480 but Wattman seemed to do the job for what little I played with it. Do the Green cards need the "OC EULA" added to the .cfg file, too?

Well...when I got my first 1070, it unpacked and installed itself :shrug:

Awoke from my nap and it was already runnin' TimeSpy....had even stowed it's box etc in the storage closet :)

And now I'm going to be going nuts waiting for the card. It's like the Graphics Prom and I'm wondering if my date is gonna show up. Geeeeez. LOl

Galax ships from Hong Kong. I hope you're not in a hurry.
I also hope customs cost doesn't kill you.

$13.83 for shipping via FedEx. Customs cost? Now you're scaring me.

Wait-Hong Kong??? I thought it was Taiwan. I'm just stepping in it all over the place today. &#$%*!@#

Last edited:
There is a benching contest strictly for HOF cards coming up. I know a few guys that ordered from there. Customs to Germany was $40. Customs to Greece was $150. I have no idea what it will be to the US.

How do they propose to bill me for that??? I'm going to be out of town from 11/5 to 11/15.

edit: And the order said it was coming from Graylake, IL.

Last edited:
You'll get a bill from customs attached to your fed-ex package. You pay it upon delivery.

Back