• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 9590, let's dust the new off shall we.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1st would be checking what voltage you can get it 100% stable at 4.7ghz and 5ghz no ? How low can you go so to speak ;)

I need to go find shrimpbrines thread on these things, it seems to be a little more touchy than an 8350.

Typically, temp will be the real issue. You'll need 1.5-1.525v for 5 gig stable. That is about the norm. You'll not be able to keep it cool as your wall hanger. You'll need better than that.

do you think it will keep from overheating at default on the wall?

do you think it will keep from overheating at default on the wall?
How much volts are you gonna put through it? :D

Seriously though, maybe. Undervolt as low as you can keep it stable, and keep all the green turned on, and you might have a chance.

MAN!!! This ain't no 8350!!!!!
you had better have a very firm understanding of the whats and whys of digi vrm and know a recording dvom like the back of your hand, it took about 6 attempts just to catch the vcore droop as prime 95 loaded the chip. getting this piggy to run is not for the newbies.
had it not been for the times I have spent extreme clocking and leaning on Rgone, this idea would be in the ash pit already!!!!
here's the tweaks in digi vrm it takes just to run p95...

161022193416.png

got my first run in, 4.0.
takes a while to work the voltage "DOWN" from 1.512.
undervolting and underclocking just ain't right, nooooo sir, not right AT ALL!!!

better.PNG

When I said undervolt, I meant at the stock speed. 4.7 @ 1.50v is where I'd start. If you could get the voltage down a little that would be ok.

Also, using your methods, I did in my 8320 today. It's now having a hard time running at stock. :p

it's not looking like I'm going to be able to run 4.7 with this on the wall anyway, my 4 Excalibur fans are cranked up full tilt now on the desk.
when I hang it on the wall you can add 5c to the cores and 15c to the socket just due to the sucky airflow of the case and the way the rad heats the back of the socket.
there is not a lot I can do about it, I already have a small fan in the rear of the case to help with hard drive temps and the socket is directly under a hard drive in this case so I can't get direct airflow to it, such are display cases............

here's 4.2.
less volts and more heat.
I know this way of getting it.
please take me by the hand and teach me another.

better.PNG

it's not looking like I'm going to be able to run 4.7 with this on the wall anyway, my 4 Excalibur fans are cranked up full tilt now on the desk.
when I hang it on the wall you can add 5c to the cores and 15c to the socket just due to the sucky airflow of the case and the way the rad heats the back of the socket.
there is not a lot I can do about it, I already have a small fan in the rear of the case to help with hard drive temps and the socket is directly under a hard drive in this case so I can't get direct airflow to it, such are display cases............

That sucks.
Seems like kind of a waste then.
Probably should have went with a 8370e. At least you could cool that.

if I really want to cool it i'll plumb the mo-ra or the super nova into it.

the socket is the wall i'll be against, it's in the 70's now..........

4.7, I'll have to try to reduce the socket temps with some changes to the bios and it will come down as I work the vcore down.

better.PNG

not to worry, I'm very used to the hot and high voltage club.

We know, the problem for you was always "but it's not high enough" :rofl: i did tell you to find your lowest voltage points, since it came out everyone says the 9*** series kicks out a ridiculous amount of heat, it's not a CPU you would want on air/cheap AIO :(

yes, I'm finding the bottom voltages now and at 4.7 this seems to be it.
one of the issues I seem to have been fighting last night seems to have been this rig upgrading itself from win10 1511 to win 10 1607 as when I shut it down last night it upgraded and now the thing is behaving very nicely and cooling much better in the same room temp of 76 degrees.

better.PNG

now I just have to get the water block back on the titan and get it plumbed back into the cooling system.

Back