• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose between 2 monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

k88

Hi, the main use of this monitor would be software development, not gaming.
I´m looking at this two:

https://www.amazon.com/LG-Electroni...1477371753&sr=1-3&keywords=widescreen+monitor

and this one:

https://www.amazon.com/LG-25UM58-P-...1477371753&sr=1-5&keywords=widescreen+monitor

The top of my budget is $200 including shipping, I don´t know about monitors, and I want to know if there is a better choice, I prefer one monitor towards two, and the resolution of the mentioned would be a great pro, or what of this two is the best?

Thanks!!!

25Inch ultra wide screens are a nono, 25Inch ultra wide screens are smaller than you think.
Is it nessesary its ultra wide?
I guess high latency isnt a problem here.
If you want the most colourful/colour accurare screens look for IPS panels. IPS panels also have a wide angle view.
What size is best for you? Im a gamer but 24Inch is more than enough for me, I can take pics with my keyboard to compare size if you want. You can also go with a 27Inch screen.
TN Panels are cheap but not colour accurate. VA panels are the baby of IPS and TN panels, By baby i mean its a mix of TN and IPS, higher colour accuracy than TN but lower than IPS and lower latency than IPS but higher than TN.

+1 Purchase a IPS or PLS panel for best color reproduction and viewing angle.

This one looks good, LG Electronics UM57 25UM57 25-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor

25Inch ultra wide screens are a nono, 25Inch ultra wide screens are smaller than you think.
Is it nessesary its ultra wide?
I guess high latency isnt a problem here.
If you want the most colourful/colour accurare screens look for IPS panels. IPS panels also have a wide angle view.
What size is best for you? Im a gamer but 24Inch is more than enough for me, I can take pics with my keyboard to compare size if you want. You can also go with a 27Inch screen.
TN Panels are cheap but not colour accurate. VA panels are the baby of IPS and TN panels, By baby i mean its a mix of TN and IPS, higher colour accuracy than TN but lower than IPS and lower latency than IPS but higher than TN.
Thank your for your reply, you´re right high latency is not neccesary, and ultra wide neither, but I need the resolution of 2560 x 1080 for my work, besides that the both I mentioned in the post are IPS as described in the site.

+1 Purchase a IPS or PLS panel for best color reproduction and viewing angle.

This one looks good, LG Electronics UM57 25UM57 25-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor
Thank you! can you please give some advice comparing each other, which one is the best?

Thank your for your reply, you´re right high latency is not neccesary, and ultra wide neither, but I need the resolution of 2560 x 1080 for my work, besides that the both I mentioned in the post are IPS as described in the site.

Thank you! can you please give some advice comparing each other, which one is the best?

The 25UM57-P 25 is discontinued and 25UM58-P 25 is the newer one, there both the same. so I change what I said you should purchase the 25UM58-P 25.

Back