• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radiator interfering with 8 pin connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

Basically right now, I have to cram in my radiator and its pressing on the 8 pin cpu connector. While ok, its not "right". I can't seem to find a right angle adapter anywhere on the planet, but Im always terrible at looking for these kinds of things.

Is there another solution Im not thinking of?

Problem is there's no "standard" way to mount an 8-pin. It could be any of four options to make a 90° connector for it.
Easiest option here, new case.

Easiest option, less thick (what 17mm? fan. :)

Any reason you can't route it next to fan shroud/above that top vrm heatsink? I ran mine up and through a hole behind the mobo on down... of course, it has to be long enough, but...

Its pressing pretty good. Im pretty sure im deflecting the pins just a bit. Basically not an ideal scenario for the long term. I probably have it installed wrong, but at any rate that dark base 900 case is calling my name xD

Back